plz help oath letter....

tol123

Registered Users (C)
i got my oath letter finally..i am so excited...the only thing i am worry about is my name...my middel name is misspelled....is the name on oath letter will be exactly the same name on naturalization certificate.....plz help me to know what to do..i asked few ppl and i had many diff answers...plz help with any kinda information........all my forms be4 with immigrations were with the correct spelling...only now on oath letter N-445 is missed spell....waiting to hear from u guys...thanx

You'll be fine

is the name on oath letter will be exactly the same name on naturalization certificate.....plz help me to know what to do

tol123,

At my oath in federal court in Chicago it was stressed by IO, that we were to check the spelling of every single word on our Natz cert right after receiving it, and let them know immediately if anything was incorrect. In this case CIS corrects the typo free of charge. The IO was very clear, that the price of doing that the very next day would be hundreds of dollars (official fee). He didn't say how long correction would take though.

In general, I was under impression that CIS does pay close attention to ensure correct spelling of certificates. So I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Cybex,
thank you soo much for sharing ur info with me...hopefully it will go smoothly with no mistakes..u r right i did find that if u wanna correct a mistake on ur certificate it will cost $386 it takes up to a year...hope i won't go through it..just the misspell my name in N-445 made me worry....thanx again ...

Try scheduling Infopass and ask them to correct it. Either it was only mistyped on oath letter or it was entered incorrectly in system. Otherwise, take it up an oath ceremony and make sure your name is correct on certificate.

to update .......i just got done talking to the USCIS CS and they said its not showing on there system this mistake and most probably wont be on the oath day Certificate....i hope so...thanx alot and i will update with anything will go on oath day..for others who will face this kinda prob...