pls help with letter to pick up PR Card

perplexed

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys, I have applied for PR card in the first week of feb. reading through this board, i gathered that it'd take about 8 weeks for me to get the pickup notice from CIC. It also appears that there are two scenarios:
(A) some ppl are getting interviewed and then told that PR card will be mailed to them.
(B) While some others are getting the cards right away.

Could someone pls tell from their experience if the pickup notice indicates whether you'd be given the card right away or after 30 days. Or do you actually have to go to the pickup center before you find out anything.

The reason i am asking is coz when you go to the pickup center, they cancel your landing paper and if you dont get the card right away you can't travel.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi guys, I have applied for PR card in the first week of Feb. reading through this board, i gathered that it'd take about 8 weeks for me to get the pickup notice from CIC. It also appears that there are two scenarios:
(A) some ppl are getting interviewed and then told that PR card will be mailed to them.
------------ Where did you read that people are getting interviewed for PR card?
(B) While some others are getting the cards right away.
-------Only those who are landing after June 28,2002 are getting the PR card by mail

Could someone pls tell from their experience if the pickup notice indicates whether you'd be given the card right away or after 30 days. Or do you actually have to go to the pickup center before you find out anything.
-------- if you landed before June 28,2002 you have to apply for PR card IN Canada , you have to send your application to get PR Card, once the process your card they will mail you a letter with pick up date and you have to go personally to nearest CIC office to collect the PR Card, pick up notice gives you the date for Pick up, I do not think they give you 30 days or 40 days in past they were giving you a date and one should go and pick up the card , recently some one has posted on other thread that he received pick up letter that he can pick up in 60 days but this is the first posting that says that they give you 60 days, if confused ask CIC PR card related orestion on1-800 number ( it is on the PR card application KIT)
The reason I am asking is coz when you go to the pickup center, they cancel your landing paper and if you don’t get the card right away you can't travel.
---------- When you go for pick up your card then you get your PR card and they stamp your landing paper” Not Valid for Travel” when you get PR card you can travel with PR card. What is the problem? What help do you need?

Thanks for your reply. But I have heard in *some* (not all) cases they don't give you the PR card at the time you show up at the pickup center. Rather they cancel your landing paper and tell you that the card will be mailed to you within a month. In this case your landing paper is void and you don't have the card yet so you can't travel. I guess what I am wondering is that whether you can tell from the pickup letter that this scenario might happen to you. Thanks again.