Pls help me with this RFE

ltiger28

Hi, Guys

I got a RFE which require me submit work authorization evidence for all my employments (including jobs I took when I was a F-1 student). However, I am very confused about this RFE. From my understanding, F-1 student can work on campus job without work authorization from INS. How can i got evidence for this kinda job. In addition, I graduated two years ago and I even don't know how to find my employment record. Any suggestion is absolutely welcome.

:mad:

talk to ur skul internation officer

I guess he/she will give u the work permit for on-campus or off-campus. For off-campus she will write on your I-20 and for on campus jobs, I am not sure she writes on ur I-20 or not.But sure she will have some paper work. May be ur tax returns during those periods might help.

vasu

Did you keep your income tax records from your school? If yes, then you may want to submit your W-2 (from your school). Also submit a copy of your F-1 visa. Working on-campus is part of the privelege (for 20hrs or so). I dont remember receiving any special employment approval. I expect that the your W-2 (from on campus) will add up to your tax return (during school period). Then either you OR your lawyer should be able to draft a letter / affidavit to confirm all the above.

ltiger28 said:
Hi, Guys

I got a RFE which require me submit work authorization evidence for all my employments (including jobs I took when I was a F-1 student). However, I am very confused about this RFE. From my understanding, F-1 student can work on campus job without work authorization from INS. How can i got evidence for this kinda job. In addition, I graduated two years ago and I even don't know how to find my employment record. Any suggestion is absolutely welcome.

:mad:

Your International Student office (ISO) should help. When you take up a job, you will
file something called a I-9 form (not sure check with ISO). If you can have them fax
the same to you, you should be OK.