Please read this FAQ before asking questions.

GOD_BLESS_YOU

Registered Users (C)
We need to post only process steps at BEC Updates in the BEC process overall any new updates -- Orissa,Justwatching,gp111 etc.. who are more familiar with this BEC Process can post details here as a consolidated place.
This will be useful so that we need not check multiple threads to know the FAQs

The official DOL FAQs are @
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1138466&postcount=64

How to get my case status?

send a email to BEC with only three lines in the email body...
email address: status@DAL.DFLC.US (for Dallas BEC) -- most of cases got number from this email id only ..
email address: status@phi.DFLC.US (for PHIL BEC) -- some times no response at all
email sub:Case status request
email Body:
Company name : "Your Company"
First Name:"Yr First Name"
Last Name:"Yr Last Name"

To know when your case reached SWAs To BECs
check here
http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/docs/online_manifest.xls

Address & Phone numbers to call to get status

Philadelphia
U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Phone: (484) 270-1500
Fax: (484) 270-1600

Dallas
U.S. Department of Labor
700 North Pearl St., Suite 400N
Dallas, Texas 75201
Phone: (214) 237-9111
Fax: (214) 237-9135

For H1 B 7th Year extension

Email,
Dallas: h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us
Philly: h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us

send mail with following details to get scrren shot:
New Case #(if you know)
First name,Last name,Name of employer,Date filed at SWA,Regional received date(if any)

Case status for 7th year Screen shot
The process of status is in order the case goes through

1.Incomplete =45day letter not yet generated/Case not entered fully
2.Data Review =45day reply not recieved/45day reply not entered
Falls into TR/RIR Q
3.Closed or Withdrawn=45 day reply not recived/Employer closed/BEC erorneosly entered
4.RIR or TR=45 day reply recieved/data entered /under process
5.Final Review= With CO
6.Certified=Certified (May not yet mailed)

Except from DOL website
H-1B Visa Extensions

DOL has worked with CIS to set up a new system in the Backlog Elimination Centers to assist individuals who have submitted an application for permanent labor certification prior to March 28, 2005 and need proof of the submission to apply for an extension of an H-1B visa.

Individuals should send an e-mail to the appropriate Backlog Center explaining the need for the H-1B extension and requesting verification that their application is pending at the Center. The email addresses are h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us for the Dallas Center and h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us for the Philadelphia Center. Include in this request all pertinent information (employer name and address, alien name and address, date of filing, state where filed, case number, if known).

The Backlog Center will respond to the individual with verification that the application has been pending for 365 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
States TO BEC Centers

Lookup your SWA or DOL Region to see which BEC you belong to

Philadelphia BEC

Philadelphia DOL
San Francisco DOL
Atlanta DOL
Alabama SWA
Connecticut SWA
Delaware SWA
Florida SWA
Georgia SWA
Kentucky SWA
Maine SWA
Maryland SWA
Massachussets SWA
Mississippi SWA
New Hampshire SWA
New Jersey SWA
New York SWA
North Carolina SWA
Pennsylvania SWA
Puerto Rico SWA
Rhode Island SWA
South Carolina SWA
Tennessee SWA
Vermont SWA
Virgin Islands SWA
Virginia SWA
Washington DC SWA
West Virginia SWA

Dallas BEC

Dallas DOL
San Francisco DOL
Chicago DOL
Alaska SWA
Arizona SWA
Arkansas SWA
California SWA
Colorado SWA
Guam SWA
Hawaii SWA
Idaho SWA
Illinois SWA
Indianana SWA
Iowa SWA
Kansas SWA
Louisiana SWA
Michigan SWA
Minnesota SWA
Missouri SWA
Montana SWA
Nebraska SWA
Nevada SWA
New Mexico SWA
North Dakota SWA
Ohio SWA
Oklahoma SWA
Oregon SWA
South Dakota SWA
Texas SWA
Utah SWA
Washington SWA
Wisconsin SWA
Wyoming SWA

From DOL Case Status

Case Status
From http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

What's happening with my application for Alien Employment Certification for Permanent Employment in the United States?
As part of our effort to improve the processing of permanent labor certification applications, Permanent cases from the Regional Offices and the State Workforce Agencies are being transferred to the ETA Backlog Processing Centers. The centers will issue a "45-day letter" to the employer. The letter will ask the employer if it wishes to continue with the processing of the application. Additionally, the letter will inform the employer if any information from the application is missing. The employer will be given 45 days from the date of the letter to respond. If the employer fails to respond, the application will be closed.

Why is my application being processed by a Backlog Processing Center?
ETA has established two (2) Backlog Processing Centers in accordance with an interim final rule we published in the Federal Register on July 21, 2004. The rule allows us to consolidate state and Federal functions of the application review process into centralized locations. We estimate with adequate resources, it will take approximately 24-30 months to eliminate the permanent program's backlog of cases.

Which Backlog Processing Center has my application?
Which Backlog Processing Center has your application depends upon the area of intended employment for the job opportunity identified in the Permanent application.

Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center
If the area of intended employment is in the following states or territories, questions should be directed to the Philadelphia Processing Center at the address listed below:
Alabama Connecticut Delaware Florida
Georgia Kentucky Maine Maryland
Massachusetts Mississippi New Hampshire New Jersey
New York North Carolina Pennsylvania Puerto Rico
Rhode Island South Carolina Tennessee Vermont
Virgin Islands Virginia Washington DC West Virginia

U.S. Department of Labor
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Phone: (484) 270-1500
Fax: (484) 270-1598

Dallas Backlog Processing Center
If the area of intended employment is in the following states or territories, questions should be directed to the Dallas Processing Center at the address listed below:
Alaska Arizona Arkansas California
Colorado Guam Hawaii Idaho
Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas
Louisiana Michigan Minnesota Missouri
Montana Nebraska Nevada New Mexico
North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon
South Dakota Texas Utah Washington
Wisconsin Wyoming

U.S. Department of Labor
700 North Pearl St., Suite 400N
Dallas, Texas 75201
Phone: (214) 237-9111
Fax: (214) 237-9135

Shipping Schedule:
Permanent case applications currently located at the SWAs and Regional Offices are being shipped to the Backlog Processing Centers in three phases based on local office receipt date.

Phase Local Office Receipt Date Date Due to Center
1 Prior to January 2003 Completed On 12-31-04
2 2003 to 2004 No Later Than 03-31-05
3 2005 No Later Than 04-22-05

How to get my case status?

send a email to BEC with only three lines in the email body...
email address: status@DAL.DFLC.US (for Dallas BEC) -- most of cases got number from this email id only .. :)
email address: status@phi.DFLC.US (for PHIL BEC) -- some times no response at all
email sub:Case status request
email Body:
Company name : "Your Company"
First Name:"Yr First Name"
Last Name:"Yr Last Name"

Originally Posted by fogman1
mnhrdc

3 questions,

1. how do you know the case will be process in the order that PD first, then 45-day letter? Is there really an official guide or memo out there? you know, there are several folks with pretty PD but still without 45-day letter and PD first, 45-day letter second definitely would bring some sort of fairness.

Training GUIDE issued to BEC States that and main intentions of transferring old cases is to give PD as priority

2. how about between Philly and Dallas? do you have idea wheather each center will process on its own or they have a single queue. In later case, Dallas center may process cases with 45-day letter sent from Philly and vice verse.

These centers are operate remotely on a common data base at WashintonDC
on a Single Server and later two other satelite centers will be added ie. SFO and Atlanta. These centers are basically for Data entry and verification and original file holding places. Once the Data is verified, Quality check,and priviling wage is entered for these appln, these will move to RiR or Non-rir Q,
All these things are done through software system and cases will pop up in Q based on PD and completness of casefile will be forwarded for Adjudication for FED Officers who are placed at Phillyand Dallas and other centers.
3. what is the estimated time for them to start processing?

Hard to guess but from Phily thread it is said they start processing for the replies recieved based on PD in the month of March. I hope only trickle may start in April
thank you very much.
great answers, as always.

For Q2, even a case with number D-xxxxx doesn't mean it will be adjudicated by Dallas, is that right?

Intial stages it may be True, Say later once the process is streamlined and Data entry is verified and forwarded to Adjudication by Analyst. Adjudicator unless wants to see the file in person , means cases in all completeness can be adjudicated from Any center.

I notice a lot of NY cases were directly from SWA, which means they didn't go through the 1st state stage in the traditional LC process. Will they be in the same queue as those case from DOL and already pass the SWA? To me it looks like adjudicating those SWA cases may take more time.

All cases gets equal weightage once they are entered into system based on State PD hence it does not matter from which state they have filed. Earlier PD gets earlier adjudication

Also, I would suggest it may be advisable to create a FAQ for hot topic! My feeling is information from gurus, like MNHRDC, GP111..., are usually more updated and accurate than newsletter from some lawyers. And layman like me, from time to time ask similar questions ...

Really appreciate it!

Your questions/comments make us more motivating. And you folks are allways welcome. Thanks again
Quote:

Update on the Backlog Reduction Centers

Posted on AILA InfoNet at Doc. No. 05030769

UPDATE ON DOL BACKLOG REDUCTION EFFORTS
March 3, 2005

1. How many Applications have been shipped from the SWAs to the BRCs?
Slightly over 180,000.

2. How many applications have had data input into the new database systems?
Approximately 86,000.

3. How many 45 day letters have gone out?
Over 40,000.

4. How many abandonment or withdrawals have been logged?
Almost 300 withdrawals through February 2005.

5. How many new applications have been received by the SWAs since December 2004? Has there been a significant increase in new Applications in the lead-up to PERM? If so, how is it measured?
Information not tracked by USDOL.

6. What is the number of hired/trained contractor personnel at each BRC site?
Approximately 100 at each and they are looking at supplementing as DOL-ETA is making funds available. See Item 12.

7. Will Atlanta/Chicago continue to process traditional cases after March 28, 2005?
They will keep some temporary work only. They are in the process of shipping all other cases to BRCs. There are approximately 10,000 in total.

8. Have contractors begun to review cases for substantive compliance with DOL guidelines? If not, when is this expected to happen?
Yes and DOL is training now.

9. Do you continue to believe that the backlog reduction process can be complete in two years? If not, what is the current projection?
Current projection is 24 to 30 months, if DOL has adequate resources.

10. Will the same workers at the Centers be trained on both RIR and non-RIR cases?
They expect to cross-train initially since they do not know what kind of cases are in the boxes.

11. When do they expect to complete initial data entry on all cases?
The goal at this time is to finish data entry on all cases by the end of summer 2005. Additional resources are being made available by DOL for the initial data entry. After data entry is completed on all cases, the workers would move over to processing.

12. How long will satellite offices (New York, Boston and San Francisco) continue to process cases?
These offices will process the cases they have until January 2006.

13. Will there be an on-line system available to check the status of cases?
DOL is working on getting information on their website about which cases have shipped. They are also working on an e-mail capability to enable a party to find out whether a case is located at the BRC. The contractor staff would answer the e-mails.

14. Do they expect to deviate from FIFO based on certain occupations?
No.

15. Regarding standards to be applied to RIR filings, will they apply one national standard?
No, they plan to try to apply the standard used in the region where the case was filed.

Prepared by Fran Berger from
information provided by DOL official
source:
http://www.durrani.com/newsite/news_items/nactive_disp.asp?ID=1065

BEC Update from "Orissa" hot line

BEC Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1- We are still sending 45 days continuation letters.

2- When we will see some results?
I can't give you a time frame for that, but we are working hard for it.

3- If your 45 days letter has been replied, soon decision will be mailed.

4-How soon one month, 90 days or 6 month or year?
Again I don't know exact time frame, but certainly not more than 6 month.

5- We have thirty thousand cases pending of 2001, currently we are sending decision letter. Then we will move to 2002 and 2003 so on.

Rajiv Khanna's Comments on BEC

These are Rajiv Khanna's Comments on BEC (from AILA conf 2005)

*** As of last week they have received 250,000 cases from states and federal offices. They are doing cata entry for status. They have entered info only for 87,000. They expect to have all applications in BEC by end of May. It will take them another couple of months to finish data entry. They will then be able to post detailed data on where enerything is.

*** Don't worry if you have not yet received your 45 day letter. Their data entry is still not even half complete. A lot of cases are sitll in the boxes so they cannot tell the status of individual cases.

*** They will have a FIFO policy. RIR and Non RIR (Then call them "TR" - Traditional Cases)application will have two separate tracks. They think that RIR's will go through a "little quicker"

*** DOL intends to respect the regional RIR policies for advertising and recruitment, but will take a NATIONAL approach in RIR adjudications.

*** USDOL requests that do not initiate status checks (especially through Members of Congress)

*** They have had a fairly large number of withdrawals.

Ref :http://www.immigration.com/fromthea...a_Conf_2005.pdf

LET US APPROCH CONGESSMEN FOR SPEEDING UP DOL BACKLOG PROCESS PROGRESS

gcfriendly said:
hi GOD_BLESS_YOU,

Do you know if LC applications filed in december 2004 under boston DOL have also been sent to Back Log reduction centers. I applied it from the Maine state on Dec 10, 2004. Please help me out on this. I will be very thankful to you.

-thanks,
gcfriendly

as per Murthy's web site on NYDOL Update

Cases Filed in 2003 and 2004 : Labor certification cases filed with the NYDOL in 2003 and 2004 are scheduled to be forwarded to the Philadelphia BPC by the end of March 2005.

Cases filed in 2005 : Cases filed in 2005, until March 27, 2005, will be logged and date stamped. They will then be forwarded for processing to the Philadelphia BPC. March 27, 2005 is the last day for filing labor certification cases under current, non-PERM procedures. A case must be postmarked by March 27, 2005 in order to be accepted. Later cases will be rejected and will need to be re-filed under PERM procedures in order to go forward.

all the cases filed in 2004 or before will go to BEC by the end of March 2005.,

we don not have info on Boston DOL exactly... but all cases irrespective of state/dol open/not open will go to BPC in the coming months..

Backlog cases -- Year wise

you can download MS access data by year from
http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx
and use winzip to unzip it open using MS access and can do analysis..
following is posted by Zany_Brainy...

Originally Posted by Zany_Brainy
This is the first of my series of analysing the data posted at
http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx
Data was updated yesterday so its current

Fy 2000

Total Pending Cases : 2738
RIR Cases : 1049
TR Cases : 1689

Fy 2001

Total Pending Cases: 2085
RIR Cases: 1095
TR Cases: 990

Fy 2002

Total Pending Cases: 5882
RIR Cases: 3910
TR Cases: 1972

These are all based on PD

spidey said:
I just called and got a person on the phone. He was nice and courteous and I asked him 2 questions.

1. Is the BPC already adjudicating cases OR ONLY entering data at this time
His response >> They are actually sending out letters, questions, entering data AND adjudicating cases at this time.

2. I repeated this question stressing on ADJUDICATING cases ??
His response >> SIGHs and then says yes they are adjudicating cases also.

3. I asked if there was any official policy on how long after the 45 day letter response has been sent to BPC can an applicant expect adjudication?
His response >> No official policy, we are sitting on such a huge backlog that it's difficult to say at this time.

I am convinced this man was not lying or misrepresenting because he sounded well.. not so much in a hurry to get me off the phone and in fact he was courteous and friendly...

so there - I have an answer I want to hear about adjudications.

This analysis is good to get exact number of cases pending at Regional levels -- total 89225 cases for the state Priority date period Dec 1997 - Sep 2004
for example
Mar-01 1562
Apr-01 23484

Only included Region Data - Received at Region or has been forwarded to region.
Based on the PD (Rec_local_office) and Last_Sig_Event

SQL
select convert(datetime,convert(varchar, datepart(mm, Rec_local_office))+'/01/'+convert(varchar, datepart(yyyy, Rec_local_office))) as PD,
count(1) as total
from Perm
where (Last_Sig_Event is null
or Last_Sig_Event in
('Received Regional Office',
'NOF Issued',
'Remand Issued to Employer',
'NOF Rebuttal Received',
'Remand Issued to State',
'Reduction in Recruitment Denied',
'Returned By Emp after Remand',
'NOF Time Extension Granted',
'Returned By State after Remand'))
group by convert(datetime,convert(varchar, datepart(mm, Rec_local_office))+'/01/'+convert(varchar, datepart(yyyy, Rec_local_office)))
order by 1
quoted by z2002

see the excel at

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12141

suttu said:
Here is what they have done:

1. Transferred all backlogged cases in SF DOL to both Dallas and Philly in equal numbers.
2. Transferred Philly/Dalls DOL cases to respective BECs.
3. Transferred some, and not all cases (last i heard) from Chicago and Atlanta DOL to respective BECs ie Dallas and Philly.
4. Asked All SWAs to start sending data.

As the data arrives at the BEC it is being entered in their system and 45-day notices are being sent. First they entered all DOL data and have completed that, next they have already started data entry for the most backlogged SWA states.

Other DOLs continue to process cases that they have left and will continue to do so till their Qs are exhausted.

In the meanwhile, back at the BEC:
THey have started adjudicting based on PD for cases in DOLs and then will adjudicate based on PD in SWA cases. In other words, all DOL RO cases that have been sent to BEC will be adjudicated before they start state cases. This may change but it is highly unlikely.

THats all i know so far.

Icarus said:
RIR queue is steadily approaching 15K...current wisdom has it that this figure will slow down and eventually start to fall as state (read TR) cases begin processing. Again, alot of predictions have fallen by the wayside (withdrawals from 45-day letters, RIR's failing and going to TR, exodus to PERM) so BEC's are trying to adjust to the current situation. Also, as state cases come in, an effort is underway to to put cases in the system in an abbreviated form, so that they get a case number assigned and are trackable. Full data entry and analysis continue as well working on existing cases in the system. Hopefully, the dust will settle somewhat in the next month or so as cases get inventoried, data entered, and manpower needs reassessed.

There have been some reports from Dallas on regional approvals..what about Philly? Any info when might we see something?

2 quick questions

Now 2 quick questions:
1) Where is the 45 day letter sent? lawyer or employer?
2) What if my address changes, is there a procedure to update the LC app, is it needed?

Any inputs greatly appreciated.
muchos gracias.
:)

An approval From Dallas BEC

From Dallas BEC Forum
Kahada said:
From the lawyer, a case filed on April 6th, 2001, TR, CA case, later converted to RIR and received by Regional in Dec, 2003 has been approved by Dallas BEC. Lawyer got the approval notice.

atyagi73 said:
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and found it very useful. Here are the details of my case:
PD : Dec'2001
State: MD
Reached PA region : Jan'2003
45-day letter received and replied in Feb'05.

Has any one know if there is any approval from PEC for applications applied through MD ? I heard there are some approvals for NY-applications with PD Nov'2001.

It is tough to wait so long, but forum like this makes it easy by providing some insight and finding people in similar situation as mine.

Thanks all !!

I heard there are some approvals for NY-applications with PD Nov'2001.

if you know the source for the above please update us..

I have PD of nov 2001 from NY SWA.. 45 day letter received and replyied in end of March.. no update after that..

a case approval from Dallas BEC

From SF DOL Forum
tgunukula said:
Hi fellow members.
Today i got email from lawyer saying that my labor application is aparoved. Mine was in Dallas BES center. That means they started processing. My priority date is 4/02 and RD is first week 0f 5/03. Got 45 daya love letter in Jan 05. replied on 20 the JAN. Hopefully we will meet all you in 140 tracker. GOD 3years waiting. Dont know what happens in 140 and 485.
:) :) :) :)