Please I need your help

ddemissi

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,

I am one of those folks who have been waiting for GC for almost a decade. Anyway, here is my question, I am offered a state government job, and I was asked for either GC and/or EAD. I told them to give me sometime time to come up with some plausible reason as to why I didn’t renew my EAD.

As far as I know, an Asylee doesn't need EAD to get employed. I will be grateful if someone tells me where to find those documents online. Before this opportunity will be gone, please, I need your input on how to approach this issue with the state HR folks; they only gave me a week to get back to them.

Thank you so much for your help.

ddemissi said:
Hello Everyone,

I am one of those folks who have been waiting for GC for almost a decade. Anyway, here is my question, I am offered a state government job, and I was asked for either GC and/or EAD. I told them to give me sometime time to come up with some plausible reason as to why I didn’t renew my EAD.

As far as I know, an Asylee doesn't need EAD to get employed. I will be grateful if someone tells me where to find those documents online. Before this opportunity will be gone, please, I need your input on how to approach this issue with the state HR folks; they only gave me a week to get back to them.

Do not worry, you do not need an EAD. See links:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/AsylumOGC061702.pdf

http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/Asylees031003.pdf

http://www.ssa.gov/immigration/documents.htm

http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/asylum/types.htm#grant

ddemissi said:
Hello Everyone,

I didnt get chance to Read CI_Asylee's links... there are two things which you can do for quick.... make an appointment through infopass..... get one passport size pic in your hands.....go to your nearest immigration office... show them proofs of your asylum status.... ask them to issue you with a new I-94 card showing your asylum status and your employment authorization validity (indefinite)

Secondally... go to your Social Security Administration office... show them your identity... and request them to issue you with a non-restricted Social Security Card.....It will take two to three weeks for you to receive that card.........

Good Luck....

Yes, as Singh and Cl said, just bring them the printed material stating that no EAD is needed for asylee, and your I-94 which shows you are asylee ID.

yager lijj, what you need is your ss card and driving license. You really donot need even EAD. Check and work on I-9 form from USCIS.

ddemissi said:
Hello Everyone,

dovictim said:
yager lijj, what you need is your ss card and driving license. You really donot need even EAD. Check and work on I-9 form from USCIS.
Dovictim

Please let him do as he has beed adviced... SS Card+ID cimbination work if SS Card is non-restricted. Whenever! they see restricted SS card mentioning that this person is authorised to work with INS authorization, then they do ask you for EAD. Thats why I have adviced him to get his non-restricted SS Card which asylees can get from SS Admin.

I really appreciate every one of you: Singh6, dovictim(yager lijj), froff22, GrassRoot, missingyou, Cl_Asylee, for taking time to respond to my post. Thank you so much. I now know what to do. Thank you again.

ddemissi said:
I really appreciate every one of you: Singh6, dovictim(yager lijj), froff22, GrassRoot, missingyou, Cl_Asylee, for taking time to respond to my post. Thank you so much. I now know what to do. Thank you again.

you've had such a long process. all the best to you!