• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Please I need your help on these issues!!!!

boubs2010

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I got the 1st NL I'm cureently living in USA as a student but I'm facing financial problem .I wasn't able to pay my tuition last semester(spring 2009) but I was attending classes and took exams,so staying in USA could put me out of status so I decide to go back my country and wait for the whole process in there.
I have some questions :
1 I made a change of status from B1 to F1[/B] .
2 I used to live in Europe for 4 years as a student but I was not really studying seriously, I stopped at the second year.
I just learned that I have 60 days after the last day of class to leave the country,but I planned to live 105 days later (I bought the ticket already).
I have my high school diploma 10 years ago . but the highest education level I got is 3years at the university in my own country and then I always start new subjects but never finish them.

My question is How these would affect my interview in my country? Any advise?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

I don't know so much about your situation..But as I talked with a lawyer before she told me that being an out of status in US will be a problem during the interview..They give importance to this..So I think you shouldn't be out of status and go back to your country in the appropriate time..

Hi,
I got the 1st NL I'm cureently living in USA as a student but I'm facing financial problem .I wasn't able to pay my tuition last semester(spring 2009) but I was attending classes and took exams,so staying in USA could put me out of status so I decide to go back my country and wait for the whole process in there.
I have some questions :
1 I made a change of status from B1 to F1[/B] .
2 I used to live in Europe for 4 years as a student but I was not really studying seriously, I stopped at the second year.
I just learned that I have 60 days after the last day of class to leave the country,but I planned to live 105 days later (I bought the ticket already).
I have my high school diploma 10 years ago . but the highest education level I got is 3years at the university in my own country and then I always start new subjects but never finish them.

My question is How these would affect my interview in my country? Any advise?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Your change of status from B1 to F1 does not matter anymore because you already successfully change the status.

It's too bad that you can't continue your education in the U.S but this thing happens. That is why they always asked for a Financial Statement before they issue an I-20.

My advice to you is to go back home during the 60 days grace period. Do whatever it takes to do this. Change plane tickets or buy a new one if you have to. If you stayed more than 60 days or stayed for 105 days, you will considered overstayed in the U.S. Overstayed in the U.S is considered as illegal and it could jeopardize your chance of getting that DV visa/green card.

They (The U.S Consular) won't care about your past failure or your unfinished study at the University in your home country and in Europe. As long as you have the High School diploma, that's all that matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your change of status from B1 to F1 does not matter anymore because you already successfully change the status.

It's too bad that you can't continue your education in the U.S but this thing happens. That is why they always asked for a Financial Statement before they issue an I-20.

My advice to you is to go back home during the 60 days grace period. Do whatever it takes to do this. Change plane tickets or buy a new one if you have to. If you stayed more than 60 days or stayed for 105 days, you will considered overstayed in the U.S. Overstayed in the U.S is considered as illegal and it could jeopardize your chance of getting that DV visa/green card.

They (The U.S Consular) won't care about your past failure or your unfinished study at the University in your home country and in Europe. As long as you have the High School diploma, that's all that matters.

That is true regarding the high school part, but you have to proof that you either have a job in the US, a sponsor or savings.....

Thank you guys for your advices,
When I knew I have 60 days it was too late, I was supposed to leave in July 05,
I thought I'm legally in the summer break that why I didn't consider myself as someone who overstay. Hopefully they will understand at the ambassy.

Thank you guys for your advices,
When I knew I have 60 days it was too late, I was supposed to leave in July 05,
I thought I'm legally in the summer break that why I didn't consider myself as someone who overstay. Hopefully they will understand at the ambassy.

Leave as soon as you can. The less time you overstay, the more lenient they going to be with you.

What is your status on the school record or on the SEVIS system at the moment? Have you asked the International adviser in your school?

If your status is still considered as enrolled student at the school, you should be okay until the end of the summer semester because F1 student is not required to take any classes during the Summer. But, if your status in the school record or on the SEVIS system is not an enrolled student anymore, that means you're out of status at the moment and is considered staying illegally in the country.

Like I said before, if you know your permit to stay in the U.S is expired passed the 60 grace period, leave the U.S as soon as possible or you'll encounter problems in the future that you'll regret (i.e visa denials to the U.S).

Think Carefully

Dude,

To be out of status or living illegally both can jeopadize your chance of getting a visa for sure. In my case, even I stayed over almost a year with my OPT, the consular still asked to me to show him my OPT card to prove of my legally stay after graduated. Besides showing I-20, he even asked me to find all transcripts and certificates from anywhere I studies prior to my grad school. It gave me a big headache. I had never asked my ESL school to give me any cert. that time (I didn't want it too as all I wanted was a grad degree, not a cert. from language school), so I gotta ask me file to contact them and looked for my record 6 years ago.

Do you see how important it is on showing living and stay legally in the U.S. What Gerindo adviced is definitely true. Think carefully before doing anything, dude!!!!! Time is running.

Guys,
kritvichu,Did you overstay?
Gerindo I saw the international adviser just Friday she was the one who told me I should have left 60 days after the last day of class .When I saw her she said i was enrolled and still in status,but she ask me to fill a departure form what I just did yesterday.
Are there still some chances? What do think about that Gerindo?
I'm trying very hard to leave as soon as possible

Guys,
kritvichu,Did you overstay?
Gerindo I saw the international adviser just Friday she was the one who told me I should have left 60 days after the last day of class .When I saw her she said i was enrolled and still in status,but she ask me to fill a departure form what I just did yesterday.
Are there still some chances? What do think about that Gerindo?
I'm trying very hard to leave as soon as possible

In my opinion, you still have a chance. What already happen in the past can't be undone (your overstay) and there is no point to stressing about it. For now, just concentrate on leaving the U.S as soon as you can. Before you leave the U.S, make sure you to get the transcript and proof of enrollment (if available) from your school as a proof that you attended the school as a full time student during your stay in the U.S.

It will be up to the Consular who will be interviewing you to decide if he/she will give you the visa despite your overstay. Make sure you have a very good explanation why you overstayed if the Consular ask the question.

Thank you very much guys I appreciate it,
I'm gathering as much proof as I can .
I'll keep you up to date.
Take care