Please Help

lookoutnow

I'm trying to help a friend out. Here's his situation.

His father joined the military in the philippines and brought the family over to the US. My friend is the youngest of 5 kids and was brought here at the age of 3. They all attended school in the United States and recieved their U.S. Citizenships. He is now 27 and has recieved a college degree and has a good job. He and his family members have no criminal records other than traffic tickets. One of his sisters now has a family with 3 kids.

Just recently his parents are persuing a divorce because the father found another woman in the Philippines. He moved back to the country to be with her. When filing for the divorce, his mother found out that the father falsified his records in order to get into the navy. Nobody had any clue about this. The navy does not yet know about this.

My question is, what will happen to my friend and his siblings if this gets reported to the US Navy? I know the father can be charged and sent to federal prison, but I'm more worried about my friend. Will he and his brother/sisters be deported? They have spent their entire lives in the US and have built a life here. They had no idea about the father's records. THey do not want to leave the life they built here. The entire family is distraught.

Advice anyone?

If your friend and his siblings are all US citizens, nothing will happen to any of them so no one should be worried about deportation.

The divorce courts are certainly not in the business of reporting anything to the Navy so I doubt the Navy is going to know about it. Even if someone did report it I doubt that the Navy would come after him after 20+ years especially if the man does not even live in the US anymore.