Please help me understand this

rajbalu1

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends,

I filed for EB3 labor in august 2004.
I filed my 485 & 140 in Dec 2004.
I got my 140 approved in March 2005

I filed AC21 (I and my ex-employer did not part in good terms)and sent AC21 documents to USCIS in the first week of December 2005.

YESTERDAY & TODAY I saw LUD changeS on my and my wife's I-485. No LUD change on I-140 though. Any idea why my I-485 LUD changed ??

Please help.

Speculation: The LUD may be an internal transfer of the case or that the name check was cleared. Or something completely else. LUDs are really hard to speculate about.

Thanks Bjorn. Greatly appreciate it !!

So are you ruling out 140 withdrawal from my ex-employer and subsequent problems in 485 ?

The I-485 LUDs can also be that your name cleared the FBI name check. Do this, call the USCIS 1800 number and ask if your names are cleared yet. If the answer is yes, ask what date. If those dates are the same as the LUDs, then you defitnitely know what the LUDs are for. I am pretty sure that an employer CANNOT withdraw the I-485 applications nor an approved I-140. The employer can only withdraw a pending I-140. What the employer can do is to submit information to the USCIS that you were involved in fraudulent or criminal activities while at the employer. This can cause the USCIS to deny your case I-485, but NOT withdraw the case. However, if such letter was sent, you will have a chance to contest/appeal it. Regarding a possible submission of fraud from your employer is merely speculation on my side and is likely not the case. Very few employer want to waste their time doing that just to retaliate on a former employee.