Please Help - laid off!

No Title

I dont think you should have a problem. Sheela Murthy has some discussions about it. She says green card is for a future employment. You may hire her as you attorney and go forward.

Best of luck!!!

No Title

Well, i have the same question, my lawyer suggested that it is "case pending 180 days", as long as your sponsor wont withdraw the petition, you will be fine.

this info is just what i have heard, take it at your own risk.

good luck

kknd

No Title

I think you are fine. Go ahead use your EAD. Theoretically speaking, people can possibly have two or more jobs at the same time.

INS will take at least 180 days to process your I-485 so why worry?

No Title

I am sorry to hear a bad news from you!

As above posters said, You will not have a problem to use your EAD until it expires.

You have the following options in proceeding with your present processing.

1)Have your former employer not to revoke your I-140 and join a new company, file amended I-140 on new company name.

2)If your former employer not agreed to leave alone your I-140, you have to start over this process once again. But you can make use your old priority date, I don\'t think it will help you any thing \'coz EB2 is already became current and EB3 will become current in next 5 months.

No Title

can a 140 be withdrawn after it has been approved by INS?

if 485 is refused, and we have used the EAD, can the INS say we worked illegally?

my wife has F-1 student visa, can i move to F-2 if required?

do you know of people who got into B-1/B-2 after 485 was refused?

No Title

Yes. I-140 can be withdrawn by your petioning employer at any point until your I-485 approved.

No. You were not Illegal, though you cannot stay in USA afyer your I-485 denied and no appeal is in pending.

Yes. You can move on to F2, legally you have to reenter into USA with new visa stamp. Question is what do you want to do your pending I-485?

No. I do not.

No Title

Do u suspect your company will withdraw I140? My understanding with Immigration is it is for future job. If it is a big company it will take two months atleast for them to contact INS thanks to corporate bureacracy!! If it is a small company they may not care. Hope everything works out well for you. Just hang in there and we are all going to have a fun sail!!! Just take the next job and focus on the new job. I know one thing about INS: INS is weird but they are not unrealistic

Best of luck!!

No Title

nonu gaddam - If your company is a big company then do not talk to your HR dept regarding continuing I140. But talk to your company\'s legal counsel. They understand the situation much better than the HR. They are very likely NOT to withdraw your I140.

No Title

Does the above hold true also in cases where company shuts down
operations before 180 days? Can company shutting down be deemed I-140 withdrawal automatically?

Your opinions will be appreciated.

No Title

As long as the company does not withdraw the I140 petition, the petition is still valid. But, you may have problem filing I485 with the same company name. You may have to redo I140 for the new company with the very same labor certification. Remember, your labor certification is for a future job and for the jurisdiction you are working now.

No Title

Thank you Braveheart, for your info. But I am assuming a situation
where 485 has been already filed, therefore I guess I may have to\'do
a I140 redo (with the same LC) with the new employer.