1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.


Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by LaliDahma, Dec 23, 2010.

  1. LaliDahma

    LaliDahma New Member

    I am US Citizen and me and my husband already had our first interview which did not go well. We got a letter for a second interview - stokes-fraud. I am not with him anymore and want to withdraw my application. Will this be better than not showing up to the interview? Will they pursue fraud charges after I withdraw? How can I prove we were real if he is no longer in the country? How do I exactly withdraw my application?
  2. BigJoe5

    BigJoe5 Registered Users (C)

    As a USC spouse, you did not file an application, you only filed an I-130 petition for an alien relative and it is possible that you also filed an I-864, the withdrawal of the I-130 and/or denial or the I-485 will negate the affidavit of support as the support requirements only kick in when the sponsored alien obtains an Immigrant Visa and lawful entry after inspection and admission at a port-of-entry OR adjustment of status (approval of I-485)which is the same as lawful entry after inspection and admission. If you filed an I-130 concurrently with the I-485, it is likely still unadjudicated and as such you can simplly withdraw it. If the alien spouse has departed, if he had advance parole, mention that fact, so it may be revoked/cancelled. If the alien spouse did not have advance parole (I-512) in hand then the depture is viewed as abandonment of the I-485 and MUST be denied as abandoned, with no appeal or motion allowed.

    Sorry that things did not work out for you.

Share This Page