1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

PLEASE HELP..I wanT to WITHDRAW my APPLICATION

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by LaliDahma, Dec 23, 2010.

1. LaliDahma

LaliDahma New Member

I am US Citizen and me and my husband already had our first interview which did not go well. We got a letter for a second interview - stokes-fraud. I am not with him anymore and want to withdraw my application. Will this be better than not showing up to the interview? Will they pursue fraud charges after I withdraw? How can I prove we were real if he is no longer in the country? How do I exactly withdraw my application?
  2. BigJoe5

BigJoe5 Registered Users (C)

As a USC spouse, you did not file an application, you only filed an I-130 petition for an alien relative and it is possible that you also filed an I-864, the withdrawal of the I-130 and/or denial or the I-485 will negate the affidavit of support as the support requirements only kick in when the sponsored alien obtains an Immigrant Visa and lawful entry after inspection and admission at a port-of-entry OR adjustment of status (approval of I-485)which is the same as lawful entry after inspection and admission. If you filed an I-130 concurrently with the I-485, it is likely still unadjudicated and as such you can simplly withdraw it. If the alien spouse has departed, if he had advance parole, mention that fact, so it may be revoked/cancelled. If the alien spouse did not have advance parole (I-512) in hand then the depture is viewed as abandonment of the I-485 and MUST be denied as abandoned, with no appeal or motion allowed.

Sorry that things did not work out for you.