Please help Cl_Asylee

Cl_Asylee

Registered Users (C)
I am sorry guys this post is not related to asylees, but it is very important for me.

My Mother is coming to visit me and will stay from March 15 to April 2. But her tourist visa B1/B2 will expired on April 26/2007.

Do you think immigration will let her in? Her passport is still valid until 2014.

I appreciate your answers. Sorry again :)

Cl_Asylee said:
I am sorry guys this post is not related to asylees, but it is very important for me.

My Mother is coming to visit me and will stay from March 15 to April 2. But her tourist visa B1/B2 will expired on April 26/2007.

Do you think immigration will let her in? Her passport is still valid until 2014.

Yes its ok.

Cl_Asylee said:

You mean the visa that she got from the US embassy in her country? The dates mean that she can enter the US starting from (don't know the date when the visa was issued) until April 26, 2007. Yes, they will let her in and at the port of entry will give her a real visa - that will determine how long she can stay in the US. Say, she gets a 180 days visa from March 15 to August 15 (not exact calculation, but approximation), so she can stay until August, if she wants. The visa that is in her passport now is for entrance to the US, she must enter before April 26 and then she is fine.

Thanks want and doctorn. I appreciate your answers.

Yes doctorn, the visa she got in my country. And was issued on April/2002.

Cl_Asylee said:
Thanks want and doctorn. I appreciate your answers.

Yes doctorn, the visa she got in my country. And was issued on April/2002.

Multiple entry? Has she been in US before?

doctorn said:
Multiple entry? Has she been in US before?

She was here in 1991 as a tourist using a B1/B2 single entry.

The visa she has now is a multiple entry tourist B1/B2 visa. She has not used this one.

I don't think you mom will hve a problem entering to the U.S. I had a friend who came here a month before her visa expired and she did not have any problem.

brook45 said:
I don't think you mom will hve a problem entering to the U.S. I had a friend who came here a month before her visa expired and she did not have any problem.

Thanks a lot for your help Brook45