Please Help!! Canadian citizen overtsayed in US wanting to go back to canada and come back to US ..

humeraginwalla

Registered Users (C)
hi

I am a canadian citizen , came to USA as a visitor (i got married and have been staying here for over 2 yrs now i came in july 2007 ) , now if i wish to go back to canada and then try to come back , is that going to be a problem?
My husband is green card holder and we havent filed any papers for me, we want to wait for the citizenship.
They did put a stamp on my passport when i came to US it has the date I entered.

Another question what if I want to travel to india from here (US)
and from India I go to Canada , stay in canada for sometime then come to US ? are they going to find out about my overstaying ? and what If my loose my passport with the stamp and try to come to US with new passport

I really want to visit my family is in Canada I really miss them all ,

Please help ..

hi

I am a canadian citizen , came to USA as a visitor (i got married and have been staying here for over 2 yrs now i came in july 2007 ) , now if i wish to go back to canada and then try to come back , is that going to be a problem?

-- Yes.

Another question what if I want to travel to india from here (US)
and from India I go to Canada , stay in canada for sometime then come to US ? are they going to find out about my overstaying ? and what If my loose my passport with the stamp and try to come to US with new passport

-- Consider yourself very lucky if they do not find out. The passport stamp does not matter, the immigration guys have other ways to find out about the overstay. "Lost passport" is a lame (and old) excuse.