Please Help! 140 approved 11/3/2004, Case not created yet. What to do?

tarantula

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
140 was approved on 11/3/2004. But my case has not been created yet at NVC. I have been checking the AVM every day. It's going to be 2 months by the end of this week. I even sent NVC a fax notifying them about my new address. They replied stating they have not received my file yet. What should I do? Or should I check with my attorney? Please advise and thanks a bunch for all your replies.

Check with your service center.

Send letter to NVC with photocopy of i140 approval.

contact your lawyer.

do all above things at same time.

Make sure you check the 140 Approval notice. Sometimes the INS makes errors, they may have approved it assuming 485 intent !!!!!!

Green and Domplo, really appreciate your replies. Is there a separate phone number with NSC? Or should I just call the USCIS 800 #?

You are not alone.Same case with me too.

My 140 got approved from CSC in the last week of October. Still no case number at NVC.

tarantula said:
Folks,
140 was approved on 11/3/2004. But my case has not been created yet at NVC. I have been checking the AVM every day. It's going to be 2 months by the end of this week. I even sent NVC a fax notifying them about my new address. They replied stating they have not received my file yet. What should I do? Or should I check with my attorney? Please advise and thanks a bunch for all your replies.

Check your approval notice. Make sure it says they have (or will) sent the approval and case information to NVC.

My case, even though indicated for CP, was approved but TSC held the case for 485 (AOS). I decided not to file I824 since it takes a longer time but contacted the USCIS through my lawyer (due to his high profile contacts) and they send the case to NVC after about 6 weeks.

Even after sending the case it took about 3-4 weeks for NVCto enter it to the database and issue a fee reciept.

nvc

Dear Tarantula:
My situation is almost similar to you. I-140 was approved on 11/03/04. But CSC did not indicate that my case is going to be sent to NVC even after we mentioned about consular procesing. Then I contacted my attorney who called CSC and had them send another approval notice on 11/19/04 that my case has been sent to NVC. CSC sent three letters of amended approval notice to my employer in three different envelopes, all letters are the same. My attorney never got any letter. Even after 40 days of letter, my approval notice has not been received in NVC. I have a feeling that my case was never forwareded to NVC and in stead of sending one copy to NVC and my attorney, they sent all copies to my employer. my question is:
1. Does INS send just the copy of i140approval notice or they also send some other documents with it? my emploer just got the approval notice in all these three envelopes.
2.Can I send i140 approval notice by myself or it has to come from INS?
Please help.
Shailendra

Dear Tarantula:
My situation is almost similar to you. I-140 was approved on 11/03/04. But CSC did not indicate that my case is going to be sent to NVC even after we mentioned about consular procesing. Then I contacted my attorney who called CSC and had them send another approval notice on 11/19/04 that my case has been sent to NVC. CSC sent three letters of amended approval notice to my employer in three different envelopes, all letters are the same. My attorney never got any letter. Even after 40 days of letter, my approval notice has not been received in NVC. I have a feeling that my case was never forwareded to NVC and in stead of sending one copy to NVC and my attorney, they sent all copies to my employer. my question is:
1. Does INS send just the copy of i140approval notice or they also send some other documents with it? my emploer just got the approval notice in all these three envelopes.
Please help.
Shailendra

shailendra sing said:
Dear Tarantula:
Please help.
Shailendra

I feel CSC is letting down all the good work done so far in the faster processing of I-140.

1. Service Center mails only the approval notice.

2. USCIS has to send the approved 140 to the NVC. We cannot do anything in this.

I emailed the whole thing to my attorney, Shusterman's company in Los Angeles. and she has replied that the CIS has to send the file to NVC, not just the approval notice. I am not very sure that attorneys are always right. You might be right as well. If the whole file is supposed to go to NVC, then I should not be worried about the three separate approval notice coming to my employer.
Please give me your opinion.
Thanks,
Shail

From my experience at TSC, this is what happens after I140 approval. I am not sure if these cases follows these patterns.

If I140 is approved as AOS, the Service center may forward the file to National Records Center for storage until they recieve the 485 application and is ready to process AOS. The file is dormant at the Records Center until the I824 is filed/approved OR a Lawyer requests USCIS to send the approved file to NVC; the Service Center will then have to call back the approved file from Records Center and then sent it to NVC and this takes 4-8 weeks.

But, if the priority dates are current and the consulate accepts AC140, one can try AC140 option after filing an I824.

(If I140 is approved for CP option, USCIS should send the approved file to NVC. and not just the approval notice. The file contains even your attorneys G28 form (if applicable). This can happen within 1 week to months. )

Shail,
Really sorry to hear about your situation. What a waste of time !

Just some more info on my case. My atty did indicate that the approval notice stated that the file was sent to NVC.

Good luck to all.

Folks,

My 140 is approved and case is with NVC. I have a question on police clearance certificate. Since birth I have lived at many places. 25 years at my native place (and this is the permanent address on passport), 5 years in Mumbai, 3 years in Chicago and 3 years in Detroit.

Do I need to get the police certificates from all these places or just the native place (permanent address)? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Averma.

Num

Hi Guru's,

How can we check, that NVC is created our case. Please can I get number to check status ?.

Thanks,
Clue