Please comment on my chances for EB1

desi2007

Registered Users (C)
HI,
I have a PhD in Biotechnology with more than 14 papers in international journals and about presented in 10 conferences. I have worked more than 10 years in this field in three different countries including US. Postions served include honorary visiting professor/Research associate, scientist . I have also got one prestigious fellowship by USIS and one from CSIR. I want to apply for EB1 self petition.
My main problem is the following. I took a masters in computer science and switched to IT about 8 years ago. Since then I have been working in IT. I have got an EB2 I140 aproved in IT field and I am stuck in the retrogression Queue.
Now my lawyer tells me I can file EB1.
All my publications are a bit old (until 1999) but I saw one of my co-authored journal paper published in 2003. I have sent emails to all my collegues in US now and and I got about five to six people ready to give local references. I have more than 6 or 7 international references. Do you think I can get EB1? Should I mention all my past experience in IT in this case?

I think EB1 means, after getting GC, you should be working in the field where you have established credentials (through EB1). So, Immigration Officer would be really suspicious of your switching to IT/working in IT. It may be considered that using EB1 is just for getting green card, not for contributing to US- which, in fact, is your motivation for EB1, I believe. As I understand, EB1 means you have extraordinary ability and you will use that ability to contribute to prosperity of US. However, lawyers should know this better. If your lawyer says it is OK, then no harm in trying. Take a second opinion from a different lawyer.

HI,

I am new to this forum and dont know how to post the thread.

Please let me know whether my credentials are good enough for EB2 NIW

PhD in Biochemistry from India
2 yrs of postdoctoral experience in USA

Publications:
5 first author publications in international journals
Co-author in one international book chapter
Co-author in one Indian journal

Citations:

Posters/Conferences/Abstract/Oral presentations:

3 National level (India)
2 International

Awards/Fellowships: CSIR fellowship for PhD (India)

Thanks
Kasina

HI,

I am new to this forum and dont know how to post the thread.

Please let me know whether my credentials are good enough for EB2 NIW

PhD in Biochemistry from India
2 yrs of postdoctoral experience in USA

Publications:
5 first author publications in international journals
Co-author in one international book chapter
Co-author in one Indian journal

Citations:

Posters/Conferences/Abstract/Oral presentations:

3 National level (India)
2 International

Awards/Fellowships: CSIR fellowship for PhD (India)

Thanks
Kasina

for NIW it is important that you show nations interest
and you being only choice (tope 1-2%) to acheive that interest.
ask yourself do your acheivement & training can do that ?