Please advise

Imrk

Registered Users (C)
My parents US visa has been refused by US-Embassy in Islamabad. The reason was that they have extended their previous stays in the US. My parents got stay-extension from USCIS because of some genuine reasons while they were here. Anyway, could there anything be done from here (USA) because they are old and want to stay with me for sometime and need to see their grandchildren. They are in their late 70s. Should I contact a lawyer? Local Senator/Congressman?
Please advise as its quite heartbreaking issue for my parents

Hi

Hi Imrk.
I read your post today and I thought it is better to reply however it is late.
Well it is verydifficult to get a visitor visa if once your are rejected by Embassy. I don't think so anyone can help you in this matter. If you appeal again may be they will refuse. I know a man who are visiting to US since 1975. and he is 75 years of age also very rich man. Even thoug he has a son who is US citizen and other his sons are regularly visit to US. But this year he has been refused, and embassy told them you will take all old age benefits in US and may be you will not return. So I think it is difficult in that way. But there is a way if you are US citizen then you can file a petition of I-130. It is very good way for your parent. By that they will get US green card and they will not have any time limit to stay with you. But they have to maintain their green card and can't stay outside of US more than 6 months. So think about it. It will take 10 to 12 months to get green card from begening.
Hope you will get good news.

Ali Azmat.

Here is a tip:
If you get a B1/B2 visit visa, you usually get a stay either for 3 or 6 months, regardless of your total visa wait time. You can check the stay on form I-94 (departure record white slip that is attached to the passport once you enter the USA)

Try not to stay for the max of 3 or 6 months. Stay for a month or at max, two months and then go back

Once, you do that you are in good books and your chances of getting another visa are 80% more than refusal.

Since, your parents overstayed and they have got one rejection and another negative point is that they are in 70s, means no job in Pakistan or they've almost spent a good life and now in relaxed part of their life.

In order to get a visa, try to impress the councelor that you have strong ties and roots to Pakistan and you will come back by showing either a business or a job (with a job leave for 1 month max).

Now, that you're facing this problem that they can't come back. My suggesstion is to get a good immigration lawyer and if you really desperate, try to make some medical reason that they HAVE to come to USA.

Tell your parents to apply again and tell the councelor that they were going to USA because of two reasons
1. To see their grand children
2. To have their medical checkup (heart or something else)

Make doctor's apointment beforehand (it will cost you nothing to make an appointment and get a written appintment letter and send them to your parents before they appear in interview)

Thats the best I could think
Best of luck