plastic card ordered, got a question

cider_or

Registered Users (C)
hi y'all, today my status change to
"On March 1, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."
how long does it take usually to get the card on the mail.

Thanks

Thanks RAsylee, good to hear from you again. finally we are puting all of this behind us slowly but surely.

cider_or said:
hi y'all, today my status change to
"On March 1, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."
how long does it take usually to get the card on the mail.

Thanks
Congratulations. I had it 2 days after the message changed online! So, check your mailbox!

Thanks Siddig and Shamshon. today my status changed again to
"On March 3, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.
"

getting closer

why the wait?

Why does it take so long to order/get the card?

In cider's case, he got stamped in July and they ordered the card in March.

Doesn't BCIS complete all the checks before they approve you? If that's the case why does it take so long just to order the plastic cards?

I have heard that people going through AOS nowadays get their plastic cards within 2 months after stamping. It seems that only in the case of asylum AOS they have to wait 10 months or so to get their plastic cards.

Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this..

mwalam said:
Why does it take so long to order/get the card?

In cider's case, he got stamped in July and they ordered the card in March.

Doesn't BCIS complete all the checks before they approve you? If that's the case why does it take so long just to order the plastic cards?

I have heard that people going through AOS nowadays get their plastic cards within 2 months after stamping. It seems that only in the case of asylum AOS they have to wait 10 months or so to get their plastic cards.

Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this..

CIS maintains the idea that they have only one 'factory' that manufactures the PR cards - and that they are under a backlog. I will tell you that there is absolutely no rational method behind how cards are produced. Some folks wait 2 months, others wait almost an entire year. Don't stress out too much about getting the plastic card - the temporary white card is more than enough to prove your PR status.

I don't believe this is something only Asylees face. I have heard of other immigrant categories in which applicants waited a few months for their plastic card.

cider_or said:
Thanks Siddig and Shamshon. today my status changed again to
"On March 3, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.
"

getting closer

It's in the MAIL buddy! I recall when I got that message, that my card was in my mailbox within 3 business days. :)