plastic card errors

henry_the_great

Registered Users (C)
I received my plastic card and found that there is an error on the card. Does anybody know how to get a new card? Does the 1-800 number listed in the letter work for reordering a card?

you will have to file form I-90. If the error is caused by USCIS, then the fee is waived. you can file online too.

Hi.

Its almost 8 weeks I didnot receive my Physical cards...

should I do anything or check with my local INS...

is the I-90 is applicable for me also...

Thanks.

Thanks, nkm-oct23. I thought my green card journey was over after I recieved the card and shortly realized that it will be another lenthy waiting.

nkm-oct23 said:
you will have to file form I-90. If the error is caused by USCIS, then the fee is waived. you can file online too.
To get fee is waiver benefit you cannot file I-90 online. You will have to go personally.

Do I have to turn in my card to apply for a new card? I just feel so upset and not quite confortable that after more than three years waiting, I have to give up this precious card and wait another year to get a replacement simply because of a samll stupid error done somebody i do not even know.

Keep the wrong one for now

Send a photo copy to ask for a correct one. Destroy the wrong one after you get the corect one or send it to USCIS if they ask for it.

guys my issue similar to henry 's. I m going to file an I-90 soon. Do they take the Incorrect plastic card from us. Do they issue any stamping on the passport that we are valid PR's. I have some travel to do ( official pretty soon and personal later) . Any ideas.

Thanks

Old card

Srini90:

Did you have to turn in your old card when you applied I-90? I applied online last month and mailed in the original (the form said i have to, at least thats how I read it). But just found out that this is a looong process, and maybe I shouldnt have.. Oh well...

To wtn_4_gc

Hi, wtn_4_gc

Have you received your replacement card yet ? How long does it take ?

I will need to file I-90 because there is a small error on my green card.

This is the official USCIS timeline; however one poster in another thread mentioned getting his in about a month or so. Just wondering if any1 else on this forum has recieved it in 3 months or less?
Another question? Does it vary by the Service Center?

wtn_4_gc said:
gconsite#1: it takes more than a year to get the card!

I thought my long journey is over, BUT today I received a welcome letter with my name spelled wrong. I called USCIS national customer service number to make the correcton. Althought the agent was nice and helped me
to send a correction request and said this will not delay my green card. I just
can not put my 100% trust on it because of my previous experience.

I am waiting eagerly to see what's going on next.

Good luck to all of you on this similar issue.

USCIS, when can you be more mature and know your responsibility?