pissed off!

SHARON BUNN

I want to say that I am exremely pissed off because my cousin wanted to come visit me from Colombia and I had to go through a whole lot of "b*ll sh*t" paperwork so that she could present it to the embassy. Believe me I showed enough stuff to prove that I could handle her expenses while in this country for her vacation and the american embassy denied her a visa/ reason being not enough economic funds/ EXCUSE ME BUT WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN? ! IT\'S RIDICLOUS AND WRONG FOR THEM TO DENY SOMEONE THE RIGHT TO SEE A FAMILY MEMBER DURING THEIR VACATION. I HOPE SOMEONE FROM THE GOVERNMENT READS THIS AND IS ABLE TO CHANGE THIS BECAUSE I\'M EXTREMLY ANGRY AND WANT SOMETHING TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS.

Pissed off, too!!!

I sincerely empathize with you and I hope the INS, DOS or the US government MUST conduct re-orientation to their consuls before they\'re send out to embassies/consulates worldwide. In my case, my son and I had so much hope when DOS began implementing the V-Visa program. We thought this is the solution to our long separation with my husband since the DOS has issued a memo to embassies which I quote: creation of "V" visa is to reunite families that have been or could be subject to long separation during the process of immigrating to the United States and therefore it will be important that posts process these cases as quickly as possible without further adding to the delays that prompted Congress to legislate the provisions of the LIFE Act in the first place". The embassy in Manila committed to a 4-6 week timeline, but to date since May 26, I have not received the visa yet, nor has the embassy been able to update me on the status of my application despite my calls. DAMN these insensitive consul guys!!!

Enlist the assistance of your Senator

Why don\'t you enlist the assistance of your senator\'s office? They are generally very helpful in getting resolution around this - especially since your case is for your husband.

Pissed off #3

I agree, INS should get their priorities straight- like keeping dangerous terrorists out of the country instead of worrying whether a short term tourist with US relatives has lots of money.

My half-sister was coming from Canada last May to be Maid of Honor in my wedding. She was planning on staying in the States a whole 3 days. INS/border patrol wouldn\'t let her into the country because she is temporarily unemployed. She has kids in school and a LIFE in Canada and has never had the least inkling to immigrate. Yet well-funded terrorists have no problem proving financial stability...