PIO/OCI For people of pakistan origin

dckaraja

I just called Indian embassy to inquire about PIO for my wife and was told,since she is pakistani origin .She does not qualify for any card OCI or PIO .What %^$#@!Ass !!. :mad:

No need to be angry. Just understand PIO stands for Persons of Indian Origin and OCI stands for Overseas Citizens of India.

Your wife is not Indian. So the embassy and the people of India are right not to extend this priveledge to her. But a tourist visa or some other visa might be applicable.

Jai Hind.

You did not understand his frustration. All PIOs and OCIs are able to get thier spouses and Children added on. But this does not extend to Pakistani and Bangladeshi orgin people.

Problem is without any reciprocal program by Pakistan this is not going to happen remember 10million people got kicked out of thier homes in Pakistan.

What part of PARTITION did he not understand?

It is precisely because so many Pakistanis and Bangladeshis are trying to get "Indian citizenship" that we, the real Indians cannot get dual citizenship. Opening that door would create all sorts of new security problems. Those people spilled so much blood to disassociate themselves from India so what possible reason could they have to want Indian citizenship now and why should the Indian Govt. make their lives easier by declaring them as Indians when they have no loyalty towards India? They lost that privilege a long time ago!

The PIO and OCI should be considered a priviledge. India is one of the most tolerant countries in the world and soon its economy is going to grow so big that reverse migration might happen.

I do understand the frustration of the person whose wife is of Pakisthani origin. She might be a good individual who does not believe that a rift between our people is worth it.

But until her government does not normalize its relationship with India and to cease all cladestine activities against the unity and diversity of mother India, no PIO or OCI can be justified to people of this country in particular.

So until such time, he has to get another type of visa for his wife. Again I understand his frustration very well. But calling our motherlands embassy words is not going to change the political situation.

Jai Hind.

Reverse migration has already happened. There are millions of illegal immigrants from neighbouring countries in India. There are loads of Pakistanis singers/actors holding British dual citizenship who are able to benefit economically from releasing their music etc. in India. If given a chance of dual nationality with India the entire entertainment industry from Pakistan and Bangladesh will migrate to India. Can they ever dream about making that kind of money or having that kind of exposure in their countries? Even if it ever becomes reciprocal we will never get out of it as much as they will because India is miles ahead economically and politically. Pakistan and Bangladesh recognize dual nationality. No one is breaking down doors to migrate to their countries. But their people are most certainly trying to break down our doors to enter our country. As long as the political climate of hate and aggression exists between our neighbours India cannot afford to offer dual citizenship to anyone and since it is in the best interests of our country we must accept that the OIC/PIO is the best that they can do right now. So what if the individual husband or wife is a nice person? All of us Indian Americans love both countries. Can they feel the same loyalty and love towards India if we give them citizenship? I say not.