Pinching myself!

prezcalvin

Registered Users (C)
Last I had checked in Sept., I was stuck in the NC blackhole. I had decided to give up on this thing till March and resume the fight - well I got the Card Production Ordered e-mail a couple of hours back for both me and my wife! Crazy!

Receipt Number: LINxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On November 30, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

While I chill out and digest the news, I had a minor Q : We go out of the country from Dec 15 - Jan 5. What happens if the GC comes during that period ? Our mail is supposed to be hled by the Post Office. Will it come in regular mail and be held there or sent back to USCIS if no one is there to receive the cards?

My guess is it will be held at the Post Office. My relatives won a GC in the DV lottery and their cards arrived at my address, while they were here on vacation, by regular mail, no signature required.

Congrats

Congrats on the approval. Just wanted to warn you regarding how you plan to return... Once your GC is approved, your H status and AP documents become invalid. So, you cannot use them to return. It is a different story if your GC was approved while out of the country, but when you are here... sorry. Please be careful and check with your attorney.

Congrats on the approval. Just wanted to warn you regarding how you plan to return... Once your GC is approved, your H status and AP documents become invalid. So, you cannot use them to return. It is a different story if your GC was approved while out of the country, but when you are here... sorry. Please be careful and check with your attorney.

Ooh, well I need to check with my attorney then. Thanks for the heads up.

Out of curiosity, what are you supposed to do then if you need to travel between approval and physical receipt of card? Print out the card production ordered e-mail and show them? Just tell them about it and give them the 485 receipt # and they can check themselves? Something else?

From what I have learnt in the past few days (mine was approved on the 27th): If you receive the approval notice, but NO green cards, then you will have to go your local office and get your passport stamped (I-551?) with a temporary (1 year, I think) green card. Then you can travel happily. If you dont have an approval notice, I think you can still try the same procedure, but may need to convince the local office...Either way, you will have to get the stamps on your passport. I am not 100% sure, but I am also thinking of traveling in Jan. and so, am preparing myself. Hope that helps!

From what I have learnt in the past few days (mine was approved on the 27th): If you receive the approval notice, but NO green cards, then you will have to go your local office and get your passport stamped (I-551?) with a temporary (1 year, I think) green card. Then you can travel happily. If you dont have an approval notice, I think you can still try the same procedure, but may need to convince the local office...Either way, you will have to get the stamps on your passport. I am not 100% sure, but I am also thinking of traveling in Jan. and so, am preparing myself. Hope that helps!

Thanks Aroma! How about if I plead ignorance about my approval; after all if I don't get the physical approved notice via snail mail, maybe I never registered with the USCIS website and didn't know my case status? Then can I use my AP?

I guess I'll make an Infopass appointment and find out what to do.

prezcalvin,

Don't worry you will receive your card before Dec 15. It took only a week to get after "card production ordered"

Similar Situation...Traveling out of country

Hi Prezcalvin,

Our cases are similar in terms of PD,NSC & date of "Card Production Ordered" e mail.

I got "Card Production ordered" e mail on 11/30 with LUDs on Dec 2nd & 3rd with no change in content. We have made travel plans to go out of the country on 15th December.

My attorney's office say I can enter using AP if I don't receive the card before I travel. Could you please post here if you here anything from your attorney on your travel. Thanks a lot.

Ooh, well I need to check with my attorney then. Thanks for the heads up.

Out of curiosity, what are you supposed to do then if you need to travel between approval and physical receipt of card? Print out the card production ordered e-mail and show them? Just tell them about it and give them the 485 receipt # and they can check themselves? Something else?

Cards recd.

To give you some idea:

My case (NSC):

Card production email: 11/27 and again on 11/28
Welcome PR email: 11/27
Approval sent email: 12/02 saying notice sent on 11/30
Card recd. 12/03, yesterday in CA

So, you could get it before you travel... but there are some who havent recd. in > 3 weeks :(

Hi Prezcalvin,

Our cases are similar in terms of PD,NSC & date of "Card Production Ordered" e mail.

I got "Card Production ordered" e mail on 11/30 with LUDs on Dec 2nd & 3rd with no change in content. We have made travel plans to go out of the country on 15th December.

My attorney's office say I can enter using AP if I don't receive the card before I travel. Could you please post here if you here anything from your attorney on your travel. Thanks a lot.

Aroma_Kills,

Glad to hear you got your plastic freedom! Hope we get our cards within a week too!

GCchik,

Here is what I have found out so far: If you receive physical GC before you leave, you're ok obviously. If you don't receive anything in the mail (approval notice/GC) before you leave, AP is fine because as far as you are concerned, you never knew that you were approved. The whole online thing is not official basically.
So the only corner case is if you receive the approval notice in the mail but not your actual GC the day before your travel. Then you need the stamp. We have scheduled an Infopass appointment on the last day before our travel to prepare for this contingency. If nothing arrives by then, we will return using AP.
BTW, my LUD pattern is also same as yours. 11/30, then 12/2 and 12/3 with no change in msg! Also, a second e-mail on 12/2. Please let me know when you receive your actual GC and I'll do the same.

Mine was a similar experience. Got the emails then was the card came few days later. In my case the online nofication was updated eariler but the emails were late.

Aroma_Kills,

Glad to hear you got your plastic freedom! Hope we get our cards within a week too!

GCchik,

Here is what I have found out so far: If you receive physical GC before you leave, you're ok obviously. If you don't receive anything in the mail (approval notice/GC) before you leave, AP is fine because as far as you are concerned, you never knew that you were approved. The whole online thing is not official basically.
So the only corner case is if you receive the approval notice in the mail but not your actual GC the day before your travel. Then you need the stamp. We have scheduled an Infopass appointment on the last day before our travel to prepare for this contingency. If nothing arrives by then, we will return using AP.
BTW, my LUD pattern is also same as yours. 11/30, then 12/2 and 12/3 with no change in msg! Also, a second e-mail on 12/2. Please let me know when you receive your actual GC and I'll do the same.

Hi GCChik,

FYI Got another LUD and set of e-mails right now, and message changed to "Approval Notice Sent". It was sent on Dec 4th.

Hopefully this means we get the approval notice (and the GCs) in 3-4 days!

Got the GCs for both me and my wife in the mail this afternoon. We are overjoyed and feel like a big burden has been lifted from our shoulders!

Good luck to everyone here and God bless you all. Hope for a quick approval for all.

Cheers,
-Prez

Thats wonderful. Congratulations! Enjoy your travel :cool:

You should get the approval notice in a day or two. I got them the next day after my cards

Thats wonderful. Congratulations! Enjoy your travel :cool:

You should get the approval notice in a day or two. I got them the next day after my cards

Thanks buddy!

BTW, now we only need passport + GC to travel, right? No need to carry a whole stackload of docs, paystubs, employment verification letters blah blah blah?