photos with prescription glasses

NJOY_SCUBA

Registered Users (C)
One more silly question :)

Has anybody submitted photos with N-400 wearing clear prescription glasses? I had pictures taken yesterday with glasses and then found contradictory guidelines from USCIS. The N-400 instructions explicitly prohibit glasses but everywhere else, it refers to the State Dept photo guidelines which allow for it.

If you don't mind a little cost, better take photos, one set each with or without prescritpion glasses.

Submit one set whichever you want along with N-400, and if officer objects at the time of interview, give the other set of photos.

One more silly question :)

Has anybody submitted photos with N-400 wearing clear prescription glasses? I had pictures taken yesterday with glasses and then found contradictory guidelines from USCIS. The N-400 instructions explicitly prohibit glasses but everywhere else, it refers to the State Dept photo guidelines which allow for it.

If you generally wear prescription eyeglasses, you can have your passport photos taken with them. There is no issue, and as you said, the State Dept regulations permit them and this is what USCIS is now accepting.

My wife wore her prescription glasses for her photos for the Naturalization certificate and for her passport application. It was not an issue.

She also wears contacts, but we wanted to account for a scenario where her passport photos would include the eyeglasses because maybe she didn't want to sit on a long, dry flight with her contacts on... :)