• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Photo requirements confusion

ChristianRodes

Hello! I have entered the DV lottery a few times by now, and always had a new photo taken, however, I am a bit worried I may have been disqualified because of the photo, the photo validator did approve the photo.

But are you allowed to adjust ONLY the proportions in photoshop?
Is the 300 DPI absolutely necessary? I find the image file got to big with that resolution.

How does everyone manage to get right proportions and DPI, file size etc? Where do you go to get your photo taken?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Take a picture in daylight against a plain light background. Use a camera or phone. Try and make sure the head is around half of the photo - but no need to be too picky. Take several shots. Once you have those crop with the official tool and that way you don't have to worry....

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/photos.html

My DV2015 photo has a shadow in it (just noticed when doing dv2016) but i was selected, pending interview next year. Anything i should be worried about?

My DV2015 photo has a shadow in it (just noticed when doing dv2016) but i was selected, pending interview next year. Anything i should be worried about?

No, if you have been selected you are already past the point where they could reject cases based on the photo. Now you have been selected, only the embassy can reject you (and will not for the the shadow).

By the way - you should not be using the same photo year to year - it is supposed to be recent (less than 6 months old I think).