Philadelphia Transfer Cases

I had the interview yesterday with officer A. She was very nice. Though I prepared tons of documents, she only asked me the regular 485 questions and checked my passport. I got the stamp in about 20 minutes. Finally the I-485 journey came to the end and I could throw out so many paper work copies I have accumulated over the years. As to name check, we had simliar situation before. Contacting senator did not help because they tole me that they basically only have contact with USCIS, not FBI. What really worked was that we kept sending fax inquiry followed by email inquiry to FBI. A couple months after we started doing that, the name check was done. But be patient, their reply arrives normally one or two months later. The email address is FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov. Good luck.

Finally stamped

Dear all-
Today's interview went well with Offficer A. As Truman said, she only asked I485 questions and paystub and company letter. It took about 20 minutes. All my wife's and my daughter's got stamped. She told me that it takes 3-6 months to receive cards.
Thank you all and good luck.

bluesong said:
Hi PGPY,

I was just also with Officer G, and almost same story as yours. Could you let me know when you recieve your approvals?
Thanks!

bluesong

Hi BlueSong,

After a long time, finally, the final verdict has reached and found us not guilty. At-last, our journey of lawful permanent residency has reached its finish line.

As promised, I am notifying you that we received our approval letters. It mentioned that we take infopass to get stamping done but did not mention any specific date.

Thank you all for the help.

-PGPY

Congrats, PGPY

Hi PGPY,

I am so glad to hear that! It is time for you for a little celebration!

I am not quite sure what you mean of "the final verdict has reached and found us not guilty". I was questioned for some issues and may have similar concern. Could you please let me know your personal email so that answer my questions? Or please email me at franklin_h@yahoo.com?

I would appreciate!!!
Millions Congrat!!!

blusong

I think PGPY was joking and using an analogy, bluesong.

bluesong said:
Hi PGPY,

I am so glad to hear that! It is time for you for a little celebration!

I am not quite sure what you mean of "the final verdict has reached and found us not guilty". I was questioned for some issues and may have similar concern. Could you please let me know your personal email so that answer my questions? Or please email me at franklin_h@yahoo.com?

I would appreciate!!!
Millions Congrat!!!

blusong

Approved

Hi PGPM and all,

I have just got the approval letter today, finally!!!
I was interviewed by Officer G 10 days ago. I am a AC21 case.
Thank you all for shared information and wish you the best luck!

bluesong

How long after approval for the card?

We were approved and stamped after inteview on May16 but are still waiting for the welcome notice and the card. A call to the customer service informed us that the "file" is still in Philadelphia. How long does it take to get the card after approval?
Is there anyone still waiting for the card after over 2 months of approval?

Thanks

gujdho,

If I were you, I would call the Philly office or make an info pass to see what's going on. Two months look to me a little bit long, since from what I saw people usually get their cards in one month after the stamp.

Good luck,
bobby

gujdho said:
We were approved and stamped after inteview on May16 but are still waiting for the welcome notice and the card. A call to the customer service informed us that the "file" is still in Philadelphia. How long does it take to get the card after approval?
Is there anyone still waiting for the card after over 2 months of approval?

Thanks

Aladdin said:
I think PGPY was joking and using an analogy, bluesong.

Hi All,

I am sorry for not replying to this earlier. I am just seeing this message. I got an approval letter and I came up with the subject line. You should be ok and do not panic. I was also an AC21 case.

To all those who went for stamping...please advice.

I am going to get stamped this week. Can we travel to india with that? Do we take any documents while going for stamping? or just Passport and the Approval Letter suffice.

Please let me know....ASAP

Thanks,
PGPY

August Interview Experience

I interviewed with Officer B in Phiadelphia last week. From other members'
descriptions, I think Off. B used to be Off. G. last month.

Much of the intial interview were the standard formalities described by others,
like verification in the 3rd floor office , biometrics and the administration of the
oath by the officer in the 2nd floor.

He then verified my name, parents' names, current address, my photos, my
passport and additional photo id.
He asked for photocopies of the EVL, 2004 tax returns and 2004 payslips.
He was satisfied with the payslips for the last six months.
This was followed by verifying the answers for the questions asked on the
I-485. He then photocopied my passport and Photo ID. He said my
FP and name check were done, I-140 was approved and that everything seemed fine.

However, he didn't approve my I-485 right then. He said he needs to review
my docs again, and I should expect a letter after a month with an approval.
Following which I should get an infopass, and get my passport stamped.
He also said that it was possible that he would ask for addtional documents
by mail and in which case I should send them as soon a possible. The interview
lasted about 20 mins and was held 20 mins after the scheduled time.

It is possible that many of the officers have changed. I saw 4 that were
conducting interviews. Officer B was an African American gentleman,
the others were an Asian gentleman, a Caucasian gentleman and finally
a Caucasian lady.

EB2
Transfer from VSC: July 2005
Interview: August 2005

Congratulations, greenline. I think your case will be approved soon. Even they request for more docs, those will be some minor things. Could you please let us know your PD and I485's ND? Also let us know when you get approval letter.

Thanks,
bobbyren

I have been approved. I've been instructed to get my PP stamped, and to expect
the card in 9-12 months.
Thank you to everybody using these boards and Mr. Khanna and his staff
for maintaining this forum. It was very useful for preparing my applications.

BMW140,

I replied your PM and please check. Let's keep in touch.

Guys, could you please update any news in you cases, especially any new interviews and approvals before Oct? Let's keep posted each other and make this thread alive. I know it has been frastrating for every one who is waiting for an approval, especially the recent retrogression for EB1 and EB2. I hope we stay together and encourage each other through the hard GC journey.

Good luck to everyone,
bobby

bobbyren said:
BMW140,
I know it has been frastrating for every one who is waiting for an approval, especially the recent retrogression for EB1 and EB2. I hope we stay together and encourage each other through the hard GC journey....

It is more than frustrating. It is aggravating to many of us who filed I-485 three years ago, and still waiting infinitely because of a series of mishaps --transferring to local offices, three-year retrogression for EB3, unavailable visa numbers, and now, a five year retrogression for EB1 - 3. What makes it even worse is that there is really nothing you can do about it other than waiting.

Completed Interview - waiting for Visa Number now

Hi,

Completed Interview last week, was quite simple they reviewed my bills that I live here, checked my Taxes and that was it, now waiting for Visa numbers to become available which could take years as they have a backlog dating 8/98
Manish

manish,

Thanks for your update. What's your category and PD? Hope that the PD can move forward in the next few months.

bobbyren

EB3 case - interview July 2005

My husband and I had the interview on July 14, 2005. We were told no visa numbers available, it will go "on the shelf" and we will receive an approval notice as soon as a visa number becomes available. Anyone in the same situation who had the interview in July and did not hear anything yet? Our PD is 4/18/2001 in first category (3/15/2001 cut-off date)