Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking - SWA Cases

MDwaiter24

Registered Users (C)
Please post any information regarding 45-day letter or
approvals from SWA cases that never made it to Regional
offices.

Thank you,
Matt

We already have a tracker that contains more than 100 pages of info on "Philadelphia backlog Elimination center tracking". Isn't better to have all the info on one tracker so there less confusion by creating more threads?

I agree with you but...

Omarx said:
We already have a tracker that contains more than 100 pages of info on "Philadelphia backlog Elimination center tracking". Isn't better to have all the info on one tracker so there less confusion by creating more threads?

Yes, I agree with you that we have Philadelphia backlog Elimination center tracking forum, but it holds information about everthing regardless if it is SWA or Regional and finding useful info about SWA, or just about anything in it has become a chore. There is a lot of people in NY, NJ and MD who's cases never made it to Philly Regional and these folks are waiting patiently even for 45-day letter at least. Thanks for your post.

Matt

45-Day Letter Received! VA Priority Date 11/03/2003

Hi all,

My lawyer says that he has received and as responded back to the 45-day letter! I think he is lying for some unknown reasons! My case details are as follows and I would appreciate if you could take some time to answer the following questions:

Case Type: RIR
State: VA
Priority Date: 11/03/2003
Case did not make it to regional (unopened case)

(1) Considering my priority date, is it possible that my lawyer has received the 45-day letter?

(2) What does a typical 45-day letter contains? a scanned copy of the 45-day letter would be a great help (ofcourse you can hide your personal information)

(3) Lets assume that he has received and responded back to the 45-letter. How to track the status of my application? I tried to send an email to Philly email address that is used for tracking and they told me that they don't have information on my case yet and I should contact my employer! should I try again to send an email?

I know none of us is a lawyer but your advice based on your personal experiences would be really helpful and highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stewart Rogers

Great news!

Hey Stewart,

Thank you for your post, it seems like Philly has finally started
sending 45-day letters to folks that never made it out of SWA.
I hope that more such cases will follow soon. Thanks again, man.

Good luck!
Matt

Stewart__Rogers said:
Hi all,

My lawyer says that he has received and as responded back to the 45-day letter! I think he is lying for some unknown reasons! My case details are as follows and I would appreciate if you could take some time to answer the following questions:

Case Type: RIR
State: VA
Priority Date: 11/03/2003
Case did not make it to regional (unopened case)

(1) Considering my priority date, is it possible that my lawyer has received the 45-day letter?

(2) What does a typical 45-day letter contains? a scanned copy of the 45-day letter would be a great help (ofcourse you can hide your personal information)

(3) Lets assume that he has received and responded back to the 45-letter. How to track the status of my application? I tried to send an email to Philly email address that is used for tracking and they told me that they don't have information on my case yet and I should contact my employer! should I try again to send an email?

I know none of us is a lawyer but your advice based on your personal experiences would be really helpful and highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stewart Rogers

To All:

Please post here if you received 45-day letter and you
never made it to Region. This will help us better track where
Philly is in terms of completing 45-day letter step.

Thanks,
Matt

Not so sure about the 45-Day letter

Hey Mat,
I am not so sure abou the 45-day letter b/c as i wrote initially that I think my lawyer lied to me for some reason and that is why I want to verify that. By the way, correct me if I am wrong, but if 45-day letter has been issued that means a new case number has been assigned, and if I send an email to Philly inquiring them about my case then they should respond back with the case number. right?

Thank you all for your help.

Stewart

Not sure

They could also assign you with a new case number after you reply your
45-day letter, which would make more sense. I am not an expert on this
you may want to talk to Icarus or Just_Watching about that.

Stewart__Rogers said:
Hey Mat,
I am not so sure abou the 45-day letter b/c as i wrote initially that I think my lawyer lied to me for some reason and that is why I want to verify that. By the way, correct me if I am wrong, but if 45-day letter has been issued that means a new case number has been assigned, and if I send an email to Philly inquiring them about my case then they should respond back with the case number. right?

Stewart

Stewart__Rogers said:
Hey Mat,

Stewart

as i told u before, i'm sure ur case was one of the last case that was processed by SWA of virginia in january 2005. so ur case went to regional, this is why u got ur 45 days letters bcs BEC r sending letters first to the cases that made it to regional. so i think ur lawyer is not lying to u. take it easy.

dude, I've valid reasons to doubt my lawyer!

Look @ the following page from the processing times archive: http://www.immigration.com/processing-times/swadec04.html ; VA was processing 09/2003 and after that there is no update during the following months, so I would assume that they had shipped the cases or were in the process of shipping cases during Dec and later! My priority date is 11/2003!

so do you think that my case got processed before they shipped it to BRC? I don't think so, hence my question to you guys about tracking it down.

Antonioa may be right

My lawyer told me that towards the end when Backlog Elimination Centers started and SWAs were wrapping things up, they did not bother with posting the currently processed cases on line. So they may have been processing cases 2-3 months ahead but no one updated the web site. So theoretically your case may have made it to Region and your lawyer is right, however you got mislead by old data you are referring to. Anyway, I don't believe your lawyer would lie to you seriously, he has nothing to gain by that.

Stewart__Rogers said:
Look @ the following page from the processing times archive: http://www.immigration.com/processing-times/swadec04.html ; VA was processing 09/2003 and after that there is no update during the following months, so I would assume that they had shipped the cases or were in the process of shipping cases during Dec and later! My priority date is 11/2003!

so do you think that my case got processed before they shipped it to BRC? I don't think so, hence my question to you guys about tracking it down.

Seems like NY SWA cases are being handled

Some finally started touching SWA cases. A person from
NY with Apr 2001, received the 45-day letter. That's encouraging
news, hopefully we will hear more from SWA cases...

Guys, please post here if you have any info regarding PBEC processing
of SWA cases. Thanks!

Matt

PBEC is moving slowly....

Looks like PBEC has started getting its act together slowly. Today there is 1 approval from PBEC i.e. a EB2/non-RIR candidate. I guess the prediction of completing the data entry by end of Sept. might hold true and we have to wait and watch.

I received my temporary ETA Case # when I mailed PBEC and they replied me back in 2 weeks timeframe. However I have not received my 45 day letter yet.

MDwaiter24 said:
Some finally started touching SWA cases. A person from
NY with Apr 2001, received the 45-day letter. That's encouraging
news, hopefully we will hear more from SWA cases...

Guys, please post here if you have any info regarding PBEC processing
of SWA cases. Thanks!

Matt

Great!

This may be great news, because it shows again that PBEC is touching SWA cases. Hopefully 45-day letter will follow soon.

GC_from_NJ said:
Looks like PBEC has started getting its act together slowly. Today there is 1 approval from PBEC i.e. a EB2/non-RIR candidate. I guess the prediction of completing the data entry by end of Sept. might hold true and we have to wait and watch.

I received my temporary ETA Case # when I mailed PBEC and they replied me back in 2 weeks timeframe. However I have not received my 45 day letter yet.

email address for PBEC

Hi all:

Just like many of you, my labor is pending in since June 2003. A year back my lawyer received a letter from Pheladelphi regional center as they have received my case from State (DE) and is with federal now. My priority date is june 10, 2003.
I wish to write an email & ask PBEC to knwo where I stand, can any one of you provide me with the email address to PBEC for such communication.

Labor is always pain.

You are lucky ...your priority date is Jun 2003 & received letter year back..
My priority date is Feb 2003, i (my attorney also) havent seen my 45 days letter yet...

labor_in_pain said:
Hi all:

Just like many of you, my labor is pending in since June 2003. A year back my lawyer received a letter from Pheladelphi regional center as they have received my case from State (DE) and is with federal now. My priority date is june 10, 2003.
I wish to write an email & ask PBEC to knwo where I stand, can any one of you provide me with the email address to PBEC for such communication.

Labor is always pain.

You don't want to know how lucky I am.
After waiting for 3 years, I scraped my old one as my lawyer screwed up & I restarted my GC process throught another company and waiting since then.
I am on my 8th yr h1b now :)

You are lucky ...your priority date is Jun 2003 & received letter year back..
My priority date is Feb 2003, i (my attorney also) havent seen my 45 days letter yet...