petition question

TheInquisitor

Registered Users (C)
so right now i am putting the paperwork together. in the bio form i have to put my work history. i am now undocumented and will change status. i nevere used a fake social. always off the books or with itin as ind contrac and paying taxes. is it safe to list my employers and not have them get in any potential legal trouble?

and i see that they want a list of political groups one has been in. does groups like fraternal org count? what about the knights of columbus? is mostly social work and that is all. and what about college clubs?

what shoudl i list? thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same question when I was filing for AOS. I worked off the books for some time ,and when the time came to fill out paperwork I went to some immigration help agency 'cause I had lots of questions about paperwork and didn't want to screw it up ( unfortunately, I didn't know about this forum at that time ). The lady who was filling out the forms put N/A as an answer to this question not to put employers into trouble. But if you think of it, while you are in this country you need to support yourself somehow, and this surely may ( or may not) raise a question as to how you were living all this time. Well, if they ask me about it on the interview I'll tell the truth.

As far as the groups that you listed, I think that they have nothing to do with politics, right? Therefore, they are not considered political groups.

Good luck with your paperwork!

thank you. getting help from a person myself. will see what they say. outside of that, i have nothing to worry about much.

as for my employers. my status doesn't really matter. some of my co-workers are citizens (born or naturalized), legal resident, tps, or legal but no work autho. the wages woudl be the same and all of us have to pay our own taxes. accounting wise, is the same. a former co-worker who was born here used a fake social and paid no taxes. i used an itin and paid taxes.