Permanent Resident Since:... From those who got cards

Aroma_Kills

Registered Users (C)
Calling all the new permanent residents: Could you please throw in your comment(s) on this issue? Ok, it is mostly my curiosity but was wondering whether anybody else had this too.

We got our cards today... pretty impressive. Something bothered me thou. On the data line: "Permanent Resident since:" The cards have listed my priority date!!! I was thinking they would put the actual approval date. Interestingly, the card validity is for 10 years from the approval date (which is 11/27/17 in my case). So, am I a permanent resident since my file reached USCIS?

What did you guys notice in your cards? Same or different? Does it matter or doesnt? Appreciate your thoughts and inputs

Our cards are valid starting from a few days before the approval date to 10 years from the approval date. I dont think it matters at all as long as your expiration date is correct. Make sure your name, date of birth, A# and gender are correct. Check with your attorney to be on the safe side.

Thanks, Chatterjee. All the important details look OK. Havent heard back from my lawyer yet. This really starts the question: can I actually apply for citizenship a lot earlier than 5 years??? I dont think it is right becos some people (PD earlier than 2002) would be ready to apply as soon as they get their card!!! That would be crazy.

Thanks, Chatterjee. All the important details look OK. Havent heard back from my lawyer yet. This really starts the question: can I actually apply for citizenship a lot earlier than 5 years??? I dont think it is right becos some people (PD earlier than 2002) would be ready to apply as soon as they get their card!!! That would be crazy.

My date is same as approval date. 11/27/07 and card is valid till 11/27/17

My date is same as approval date. 11/27/07 and card is valid till 11/27/17
A similar post is there in trackitt.com. A few people got the same date as the PD. the funny thing is someone got his/her card where the date for 'permanent resident since' is actually his/her date of birth!!!! According to USCIS this person never had to even apply for GC :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, eb1a-query. I am one of the person that started a thread on trackitt as well.

I heard back from lawyer saying that "it is an error" on USCIS part to put my priority date as "residence since" date. The approval date should be the right one. Since all the important info are correct, I have decided to ignore this error.

Those of you who got the approval date as the "residence since" date, you guys are ALL set :cool: