PERM process for H1B-Overlapping Employment dates-please advice

New_To_GC

Hi
Anyone there to help me out with his knowledge?

I am working on H1B and my newest company has asked me to provide my previous employment history to start PERM process.

Issue is (Going back to April-May'07):

1. I was on rolls with company A untill I resigned on 4th May'07.
(I originally sent resignation on 27th April from company's own mailid, which they claimed to have not received, ***even I did not receive on my peronal ID, and then I had to re-resign on 4th May)

2. Meanwhile I had already joined another company B on 30th April'07.
3. Company A issued sal in Mid May for these 5 days to my bank.

WIll this period of 30th April- 4th May, being on rolls of 2 companies create issues now with Perm/140,485 stages???????

Now what could I do?
Any advices are most welcome

You should not have any overlapping experience on the PERM petition; I had received an automatic denial (where the system denies it without a person even looking at it) early in the process for overlapping experience dates. It's a no-no. Get a letter stating an earlier end date from your older company or a later start date from your more recent company.

Hi,

If he choses to join new employer with later date, won't he be out of status for 2/3 days?

Will that not create problem with Green Card?

Thanks!

Hi,

If he chooses to join new employer with later date, won't he be out of status for 2/3 days?

Will that not create problem with Green Card?

Thanks!

I had a similar issue (a couple of weeks overlapping), but I was on leave in both the companies, and out of the country... In any case - my lawyer said it's not a problem, and PERM was approved without an issue.