PERM is unjust, let write letter to congressman, President.

RahulatDC

Registered Users (C)
I am hearing a lot about PERM starting from 03/28/2005, as its going to approve labor within 40 days, Its gonna retrogress EB2 as happened to EB3 category couple of month ago.

It's frustrating for me like all of you guyz, I am waiting since last 31/2 years and still I don't see any approval in coming weeks, it'll be another long wait as EB2 is going to retrogress by PERM faster approvals, I think this will be injustice to all the peoples waiting since couple of years and PERM will approve labor within 40days,

If you guyz agree, can we write letters signed by all of us and send it to congressman, President.

it might work, or let me now if you have better suggestion then this.

RahulatDC said:
I am hearing a lot about PERM starting from 03/28/2005, as its going to approve labor within 40 days, Its gonna retrogress EB2 as happened to EB3 category couple of month ago.

It's frustrating for me like all of you guyz, I am waiting since last 31/2 years and still I don't see any approval in coming weeks, it'll be another long wait as EB2 is going to retrogress by PERM faster approvals, I think this will be injustice to all the peoples waiting since couple of years and PERM will approve labor within 40days,

If you guyz agree, can we write letters signed by all of us and send it to congressman, President.

it might work, or let me now if you have better suggestion then this.

I can understand your fustration & anger.. But don't you think EB-2 retrogression will be good for the people getting processed thru BEC & bad for LC processed thru PERM ?? People getting LC thru PERM will be waiting for a long long time before they can file I-485 while people like us getting approval from BEC will be the first ones to be eligible to file I-485

gp111 said:
I can understand your fustration & anger.. But don't you think EB-2 retrogression will be good for the people getting processed thru BEC & bad for LC processed thru PERM ?? People getting LC thru PERM will be waiting for a long long time before they can file I-485 while people like us getting approval from BEC will be the first ones to be eligible to file I-485

I am waiting and hearing since last 6 months that BEC is gonna approve some cases soon, its totally dark, I was talking to a lawyer and he says BEC is like a black hole, things are going in, but nothing is coming out, he says it seems like BEC guyz just piling up boxes and he dont expect any approvals in coming months. We all got some false hope by 45 days letter, we got 45 days letter now what :mad:

I'll be really really mad, if I see people getting approval in 40 days and applying 140/485, even though they stuck in retrogression (atleast its not that bad as it seems like).

it can be worse than that

sorry to upset you but my dear friend, I am afraid that it can be worse than what you said below:

I'll be really really mad, if I see people getting approval in 40 days and applying 140/485, even though they stuck in retrogression (atleast its not that bad as it seems like).[/QUOTE]

if people start applying LC under EB2 on Mar 28 using PERM and get approved in 60 days, ideally they can apply 140/485 end May since EB2 might still be current. if we old filers are still stuck with BEC by then, we will just be seeing them cause the retrogression without being able to do anything. am i missing anything here?

I do not think PERM is the cause of the inaction of BEC, which is a big waste of taxpayers' money. I still do not understand why they have to manually enter the data.

Is there any major difference between PERM and cases filed through RIR. In RIR we had to give ad in papers for 1 months, Then state again told to give AD after 1 yr of filling in State, then only they are sending to DOL.

If those cases can be pending for years what will make PERM to come through in 60 days? Is it a policy change?

I am sure PERM will take similar delays and proping up different issues to delay .

sleepless_in_IN said:
Since you can and "they" want you to convert your application to PERM -- there is no point in writing against it. They are just going to tell you to convert your LC to perm and take advantage of it. :rolleyes:

Also retrogression doesn't effect everyone - so yeah there will be people who file for LC in 2005 and get thier PR before you get your labor. It's very unfair. :eek:

Yes, you can convert an existing case to PERM but DOL does not guarantee that the case will be processed in the 30 or 60 day whichever is the stipualted time period for PERM. This whole idea of BEC's seems to be a disaster. There have been no approvals from any of the BEC's and as far as I know CA SESA stopped processing cases in mid November. They are just packing the papers in boxes and sending them out to the BEC's.

AM4GC said:
Is there any major difference between PERM and cases filed through RIR. In RIR we had to give ad in papers for 1 months, Then state again told to give AD after 1 yr of filling in State, then only they are sending to DOL.

If those cases can be pending for years what will make PERM to come through in 60 days? Is it a policy change?

I am sure PERM will take similar delays and proping up different issues to delay .

PERM is largely different then current RIR/Non RIR system. Employer will file electronic forms & submit most docs with it. It will be updated in to system & will check electronically if the application is approvable or not & will approve it in 2 months if ready to do that.

gp111 said:
PERM is largely different then current RIR/Non RIR system. Employer will file electronic forms & submit most docs with it. It will be updated in to system & will check electronically if the application is approvable or not & will approve it in 2 months if ready to do that.

I don't see that as a big difference. Instead of looking at a paper file, they will be looking at a computer file. Still takes a person and certain number of hours(days/months/years) to review the case.
In my opinion/experience computerization in government offices never really helps speed up anything.
And then, they can again use the excuse that they ran out of funds intended to be used for that project by May/June and that they have to stop processing till new budget is approved. Then computers crash and they have to retrieve from tape (another excuse) etc etc etc.
"We'll see" - said the blind.

Although I am done with my LC, I would still like to help you people as I do feel the pain and uncertainity which everyone is undergoing here. Mobilize folks here and try to talk to Rajiv on the issue thru conference call. He will give best advice looking from all sides.

Meanwhile try to find out the possibility of writing to Prakash Khatri on your apprehensions.

I am putting hyperlinks to very nicely written letters to Prakash Khatri. (I know most of you are techies and would have real hard time in drafting such letter).

http://www.nationofimmigrators.com/linkedFiles/041215FirstLettertoUSCISOmbudsman.pdf

http://www.nationofimmigrators.com/linkedFiles/041215SecondLettertoUSCISOmbudsman.pdf

http://www.nationofimmigrators.com/linkedFiles/041215ThirdLettertoUSCISOmbudsman.pdf

You people can pick-up relevant portions to draft your letter, which may sound official(very important for attention). Not that Prakash Khatri can do much about PERM, but he can surely help in pushing backlog elimination and ensuring that 'by mistake' new cases do not get benefits of filing 485 before you people are done.

Labor through PERM in less than 2 months?

I highly doubt if NPC center will be efficient and process the PERM labor application within 45 – 60 days as stated. My guess is, it will be several months before we see the first approval through PERM. Also as per my understanding most of the application through PERM will come under EB3. Nevertheless I completely agree, it's very unfair practice on DOL/DHS part to process the newly filed applications earlier than application which have been in queue for years and there by causing further additional delays in the whole green card process.

I am ready to sign the petition/letter.

gp111 said:

Jharkandi,

First of all, thanks a lot for initiating to help us out, You brought up a very important point about talking to Rajiv.

Guys, if people want to try doing something like what Jharkandi suggests, then this will be succesfull only with mass participation, we should then mobilize people from all sectors whose cases are stuck in BEC.

I say, lets take this further and see where it leads us...any takers ?

I agree. Let's do it as soon as possible.

Write letter to each Senator, Representative, Secretary of DOL, and President!
Let everyone know how DOL works!

Wboyi said:
I agree. Let's do it as soon as possible.

Write letter to each Senator, Representative, Secretary of DOL, and President!
Let everyone know how DOL works!

Jharkhandi, thanks a lot buddy for helping us here.

Now let me admit I am not very good in drafting, can someone please initiate who can write better, even 50 to 100 signature would be good, more will ofcouse better, I know atleast 20 people in my office ready to sign and suffering from same agony, the points we can mention in the petition

- PERM 40 days expected approval where some of us waiting past couple of years.
- We are tax and social security paying legal aliens
- We do communcity services
- We all are republicans ;) and will be republican vote bank in future :p
- Our wives cant work

I know some of you guyz are really good in writing, we just need one letter and we start faxing/mailing/emailing to all the congressman and president, believe me guyz this things work sometime, I know one collegue of mine from middle-east got stuck in H-1 extentions from past 15 months, his lawyers wrote some letters to congressman and persident two weeks ago and he got an H-1 approval 3 days ago, I know it may sound un-realistics, but you know what, all it take is one letter, one fax machine and some stemps

Response to a mil sent to Prakash Khatri

I sent this mail yeatseday and the mail was read by some one at 4:30AM EST and I got this response at 8:30EST.

Thank you for contacting the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is dedicated to identifying systemic problems in the immigration benefits process and recommending solutions to these problems to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services ("USCIS").

If you are experiencing difficulty with a particular immigration case and wish to submit a case problem you are experiencing with USCIS, the Ombudsman will forward your inquiry to USCIS for further action on your behalf. If you wish to submit a case problem, please be sure to utilize the following resources before submitting a case status inquiry to the Ombudsman:

The USCIS National Customer Service Center which may be accessed online at http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/NCSC.htm or by calling (800) 357-5283; and

USCIS.gov online case status which may be accessed online at https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp.

These sources of information can resolve many frequently asked questions including: what are the appropriate forms to file, where is the proper place to file your forms, as well as give information regarding the status of a particular case. If you are seeking to submit a case problem, please do so according to the instructions contained on our website. These materials may be obtained at our web site address, http://www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman.

Again, thank you for contacting our office. Echoing the sentiments of President George W. Bush , together 'as a nation that values immigration and depends on it, we should have immigration laws that work and make us proud.'

-------------------------------------------
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 6:27:27 PM
To: Khatri, Prakash
Subject: Immigration...

Hi Mr.Khatri,

I am not sure if you are going to read this mail. But I am making an attempt to let you know the PAIN of thousands of legal immigrants who are trying to get their Greed Card. I am one of them. We applied for Labor Certification few years ago and still we are waiting for that. DOL (Department of Labor) has been playing games with all of us. DOL started Backlog Elimination Centers six months ago with millions of Tax payer’s money to reduce the backlogs. But they are creating another Backlog instead of processing them. They are manually entering all 300,000 cases into the new system. They would be spending one year just entering this information. They are not going to process them until all these cases are into the system. It is going to take another couple of years to get just Labor Certification. We can’t believe that they are doing it manually and wasting so much money and time. In the age of Information Technology, any one would have simply migrated data from different DOL systems. They may argue that each regional specification is different. But still it is possible to automate the process. DOL has no plans on how to process these applications.

OK. We are going to compromise with what they are doing. You must have heard about VISA numbers being retrogressed. Imagine what we are going to face once we get the Labor through Backlog Elimination Centers, Another huge backlog. It is going to take another couple of years before we apply I-485. You must be aware that there is a new system PERM which approves Labor in 45-60 days. Those who get their Labor would be applying I140/I485 immediately. But we are the unlucky to wait for couple of more years to get Labor and still not able to apply next stage. The immigration system is completely broke. Why every one is only interested in giving free passes to Illegals but no body cares about legal residents who are here legally and paying taxes regularly? If you could spend few minutes, go to any immigration sites (www.immigtarion.com) and read the postings of thousand of us. You will definitely understand our pain. So, we request you to please do thing about it.

Thanks,

xxxxx

good letter but we'll need to modify for president and congressman

Congressman and president will need some plain facts, all we want to convey is first finish federal labor cases before moving to PERM, people whose waiting for labor since past couple of year, cant afford another backlog in 140/485.

Name and addresses of singture will make a great impact, if it'll be in high number.

Great Work

Good Job. Atleast you took some action. otherwise we talk more talk and more talk.
BackLogGC said:
I sent this mail yeatseday and the mail was read by some one at 4:30AM EST and I got this response at 8:30EST.

Thank you for contacting the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is dedicated to identifying systemic problems in the immigration benefits process and recommending solutions to these problems to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services ("USCIS").