Perm Denied: Employer's newspaper advertisement does not list geographic area of employment , but it does

arisikan

Rajiv,

I am on L1-B, we applied for PERM which was audited and declined. The decline reason says newspaper advertisement does not list geographic area of employment, but section H of application lists geographic area of employment as San Fransisco, California. This is a remote Job. In the newspaper add, we did mention "May telecommute from anywhere in the US" and San Fransisco is the headoffice. The lawyers are confused why this was declined as the newspaper did mention telecommute option. Can you shed some light on this? Chances to get this overturned through consideration to the CO?

DOL has published newspaper AD content format for PERM. If any of the elements are missing then it might risk being denied.

Hi! I have a general question about the PERM application. When a petitioner files for PERM through a lawyer, would the person being petitioned be informed via an NOA? The petitioner claims that they filed last July 2022 but there is no proof that they did. Is there a way for me to know if there was a filing made?

Thank you for accommodating my query.

Lawyer & your employer will be notified thru email of any action on pending PERM's filed on behalf of your employer. You will not be notified directly by DOL.
When employer or its attorney accesses employer's DOL portal it does shows cases filed (pending,approved or denied)

Lawyer & your employer will be notified thru email of any action on pending PERM's filed on behalf of your employer. You will not be notified directly by DOL.
When employer or its attorney accesses employer's DOL portal it does shows cases filed (pending,approved or denied)
We appreciate your response. We got hold of the law firm but unfortunately, the case was audited. I read some articles about the possible reasons for an audit but this is the 2nd time. I was wondering why only my case when my 3 other co-workers went on with the PERM and I-140 seamlessly.