Pending I-485 moved to Montreal Canada Office!!

Lx95

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

I got a mail from CRIS today saying that my pending I-485 case along with my spouse & kid has been transferred to Montreal Canada Office. It was in TSC before.

Anybody got the similar mail? pls share

Thanks in advance

you sure it said Montreal CANADA? i mean its not April 1 or anything close to it for a joke of this type....??
Consular processing??

This is what i got from CRIS. CRIS is uscis's automatic e-mail system.

On June 27, 2008, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our MONTREAL, CANADA location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow the instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 to update your address. You can use our processing dates to estimate when your case may be processed by following the link below. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case by registering in the link below.

Call this number and ask them what they mean by a USCIS office in Canada, that does not exist. You can actually inquire how they managed to transfer the case to a non-existing office. You can also try to figure out if there are any non-existing personnel that adjudicate cases in non-existing offices. You can also try to figure out if they ever sent and documents from non-existing offices. It would be interesting to know the complete list of non-existing USCIS offices, and the average processing times there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Call this number and ask them what they mean by a USCIS office in Canada, that does not exist. You can actually inquire how they managed to transfer the case to a non-existing office.

USCIS has field offices overseas, but this is most likely an error. Call and see if you can track down what is going on. It might not have been transferred; just the case status entered incorrectly.

Ad I mentioned, there are no USCIS offices in Canada. I gave a link with all overseas locations, that was completely ignored.

Actually, my fault. The link lists only existing overseas locations. Non-existing locations (including overseas) are not included.

I believe it is an error. I will find out whenever I feel like. I am frustrated with these ppl & their actions.

Thanks for feedback
USCIS has field offices overseas, but this is most likely an error. Call and see if you can track down what is going on. It might not have been transferred; just the case status entered incorrectly.

Actually, my fault. The link lists only existing overseas locations. Non-existing locations (including overseas) are not included.

CRIS didn't come up with Montreal out of nowhere; it's a valid entry in their tables so I'd guess USCIS has something there. Either way, I think it's a data entry error more than anything.

The only thing they have at Montreal is preflight inspection at the airport. Really nothing else.

Montreal Preclearance
Montreal Trudeau International Airport
975 Romeo Vachon Boulevard, North
Room 109
Dorval, Quebec, Canada H4Y 1H1
Port Director
Phone: 514-636-3859

That is the closest to USCIS I found (that is CBP (customs and border protection), not USCIS), but they issue at least some immigration documents (mostly I-94).

Take Infopass to find out what really happened. If it went to Canada, it will probably sit there forever if you stay silent, as I doubt anybody there will be looking for an I-485 file to process.

What is for sure it did not go to Canada. USCIS does not have facilities in Canada. It did not have anywhere to go in Canada. The letter printed was a mistake.

Last edited by a moderator: