PD on I-485

kusho

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I just noticed My PD on I-485 & I-140 receipt is the RD not the actual date when I Filed my labor in State. Is that everyone has on their I-485/I-140? I checked with my lawyer & she said this is right & by the PD shown on I-485 USCIS go by. Is this right?
thanks

Go by 140 approval notice

kusho said:
Hi,
I just noticed My PD on I-485 & I-140 receipt is the RD not the actual date when I Filed my labor in State. Is that everyone has on their I-485/I-140? I checked with my lawyer & she said this is right & by the PD shown on I-485 USCIS go by. Is this right?
thanks

kusho,

Most 140 and 485 filing receipts have the PD portion blank. The PD of your case can be found on the apporved 140 receipt and not on the filing receipt of 140 and 485. Please check the approved 140 receipt and that should be the date your labor was filed. If the 140 approval notice also mentions your 140/485 RD as the PD then you will need to make sure this is corrected because it will throw you back a long way. If you do not have the 140 approval copy then your lawyer shoudl defenitely have it.

regards,

saras

How long after filing I-140 and I-485 concurrently?

Hello anybody and everybody,

I was wondering if you know the answer to my question.
We just filed concurrently and got a receipt notice I-797C (8/29/05) saying to call and schedule a biometric appt.

According to https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=California

They are processing I-140/I-485 for receipt notices Jun05/May05.

Is my GC less than 6 months away or more than a year away?

Not sure how the process works. Please provide feedback based on your knowledge and experience.

Thanks everybody in advance :)

PS. I'm EB2 and not from India, China, Mexico or the Philippines, so I'm not affected by the latest retrogression bulletin

Last edited by a moderator:
crajid said:
Hello anybody and everybody,

I was wondering if you the answer to my question.
We just filed concurrently and got a receipt notice I-797C (8/29/05) saying to call and schedule a biometric appt.

According to https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=California

They are processing I-140/I-485 for receipt notices Jun05/May05.

Is my GC less than 6 months away or more than a year away?

Not sure how the process works. Please provide feedback based on your knowledge and experience.

Thanks everybody in advance :)
It all depends on your country of chargeability, EB category and Priority date

Post these and then you'll know what the wait is !!

Saras76,
Thanks for your reply....yes you are right they have PD area blank on I-140 & I-485 Receipt, But they have PD on I-140 Approval notice( Which is same as RD of I-140). Do you think I need to call my attorney about this?
thanks once again.

max2k1 said:
It all depends on your country of chargeability, EB category and Priority date

Post these and then you'll know what the wait is !!

Hi max2k1,

Luckily, I was not affected by the latest retrogression. I'm EB2 and am not from India, China, Mexico or Philippines. According to the latest bulletin, there is no retrogression yet for EB2 of other countries.

Thanks

You should do something

kusho said:
Saras76,
Thanks for your reply....yes you are right they have PD area blank on I-140 & I-485 Receipt, But they have PD on I-140 Approval notice( Which is same as RD of I-140). Do you think I need to call my attorney about this?
thanks once again.

kusho,

I beleive this to be a serious error because these days RDs have become irrelevant. What matters is the PD on the case. If USCIS has placed your RD as your PD by mistake then you have probably lost a lot of time on your PD. This can lead to more delays. Even a years difference in the PD and RD date can be substantial at this point. Unfortunately I have no experience in this type of a problem and would recommend that you talk to your attorney and do some research on this forum.

It might also be a good idea to start a new thread explaining your situation and asking people for input.

regards,

saras76