PCC Requirements

neverendingstory

Registered Users (C)
I expect my CP interview within the next 40-60 days. I had to get PCC from four countries, and from one of them (Canada) it took over four months to obtain it. Add some delays in NVC processing, and the result is that the other three PCCs are now older than 6 months. Dpending on when I get the interview they may be 7-8 months old. Does anyone have a similar experience, and do you think the Consulate will have a problem with this? I believe the PCC is supposed to be 6 months old or less.

Another topic: what is the reason the consulate asks for the previous three years of tax returns? Do they usually review all three years, or just the previous year?

Does anyone have a similar experience, and do you think the Consulate will have a problem with this? I believe the PCC is supposed to be 6 months old or less.
* If it is expired by a week or two the consulate will accept since i know one case at mumbai where they did consider and gave the candidate the benefit of doubt. At the same time if it has expired by a longer duration, the consulate would like to see a valid PCC for each of the countries.

Another topic: what is the reason the consulate asks for the previous three years of tax returns? Do they usually review all three years, or just the previous year?
* REason for tax returns is to get an estimate of your annual household income, taxes paid and any dues remaining, ability to support dependent spouse.
* Off late at least at mumbai consulate they have not been asking for tax returns. They did not ask in my case. They asked only for documents mentioned as required in the packet 4.

At the same time, I advice you to carry copies of last 3 years tax transcripts. You can get them in 2 weeks by calling 800-829-1040.

Neverendingstory,
I did the research with my attorney
before CP. The manuals used by
IV-unit are available online.
(Foreign Affairs Manual - look for the
appropriate section, sub-sections).

Basically, 3rd country issued documents
like PCC are valid for more than a year
as long as you haven't reentered that
country. (fyi, my interpretation of the
above - If u r a citizen of India, and r
required to provide PCC for another country
then this doc. is valid as long as u haven't
reentered this country after the date
on PCC. Note - this is only valid for **3rd**
country doc.s.)
I had a Japanese PCC - more than two yrs old,
CP was at Chennai, India - no questions asked,
although I had copies of relevant sections of
FAM).

-cbeguy

Thanks for the response.

Three of the PCCs are for thirds party countries, one is from my country of origin. I asked the Consulate who informed me that they will be ok eventhough two of them are about 7 months old at the time of interview. The only thing they mentioned is that if I have traveled to any of the countries since I got the PCC, I will need to get a new one. This would normally be no problem, except for countries that take a long time to send a PCC, like Canada (4 months). Something to consider if you plan to travel after you got the PCC but before the interview.

Just got notification that my interview is end of Jan! Finally!

neverendingstory:

Congrats on getting your interview date! the hard part is here now where you need to organize the originals and photocopies as required by the consulate! All the best with filing and also the interview just in case this is your last posting before your interview. Do share your everlasting interview in a neverending fashion!

kd1403,

I certainly will share it, as well as the timeline of events, and any other bits an pieces of information that I have picked up during the last three years! It's been a long wait, but it's almost over.

Good luck to you too, I hope your interview is not too far out.

neverendingstory:

Well thanks for your wishes but my story ended (cp interview) about 2 months back. I had a successful interview in bbay back in october 03 and have already received 3 welcome letters and also the physical gc.

Have a happy new year!

neverendingstory:

Dont worry be confident...everything will go well! Start organizing all the documents required for the interview!