PCC question

bulandhausla

Registered Users (C)
Hello Alren, Raju, CP Guru and others,

I made the application for my PCC to the Indian Consulate in NY on 9/22. They mentioned that I should get my PCC by 10/22. However, I have not received it yet. When I called the consulate, they asked me to come to the consulate and that they will get it approved by the Consular General and give it to me. My questions are as follws :-

1. Who issues the PCC - The consular in US or the police / passport authorities in India ?

2. Is this normal?

BH

I have to say it doesn't seem normal. At least if you renewed your passport in NY. Those who got their new PPs in NY get the PCC in a week. I got it in 11 days by mail. It is issued by NY consulate. If they have to contact authorities in India, or they found some problem, they'll probably hide beind the 45 day policy.

bulandhausla said:
Hello Alren, Raju, CP Guru and others,

I made the application for my PCC to the Indian Consulate in NY on 9/22. They mentioned that I should get my PCC by 10/22. However, I have not received it yet. When I called the consulate, they asked me to come to the consulate and that they will get it approved by the Consular General and give it to me. My questions are as follws :-

1. Who issues the PCC - The consular in US or the police / passport
authorities in India ?

{The Consular Officer at the Indian Consulate issues the PCC. Normally if
the Passport is issued in India, the PCC is issued after referring the case
to the respective Passport Office in India and through them the local
police.

In cases where the Passport is issued by the Consulate in US then it is
our understanding that the Consulate issues the PCC immediately}

2. Is this normal?

{May not be normal as we know, but as long as they issue your PCC, then...}

BH

{my responses}

Raju

Guys,

How important is the PCC Stamp in the Passport? I got PCC from CGI houston and they issued it based on my Renewed PP issues by CGI Houston but did not put any stamp in the passport.

Do I need to send it back to them for this? If Yes then what should I request?
Further the PCC date shown as DD/mm/YYYY format (02/10/2004), will this be an issue if I go for interview in Feb 2005.

Will sincerely appreciate your thoughts...

Thanks..

Hi,

I had my PCC done through Washington DC. The turnaround was only a week. My passport was issued by Washington DC. So the reason for such a quick turnaround.

Normal process is that they send telex (they took additional $20 for this service) to India (guess to the local passport office) and wait for the response. If the response does not come in 45 days they issue PCC anyway. If there are any issues then the local authority should respond within this time frame or else the PCC is issued to the applicant.

Hope this explains. In your case it may be that they did not get the response back from the local authorities and will issue the PCC.

Sam

PCC Date Question

Gurus,

My PCC issued by CGI Houston has the date mentioned as 2-10-2004 for October 2nd 2004.

Just wanted to verify if it is same for all. Will this be an issue?

Appreciate your replies.

Thanks..

kovaiGC said:
Gurus,

My PCC issued by CGI Houston has the date mentioned as 2-10-2004 for October 2nd 2004.

Just wanted to verify if it is same for all. Will this be an issue?

Appreciate your replies.

Thanks..

I don't remember the exact date format on my PCC, so it is difficult to
say if the Consulate would interpret this as 10th February 2004.

I can confirm the date on my PCC by Friday if you don't hear from other members by that time.

Raju

My PCC has the month as Oct. So the date on both the letter and passport stamp states OCT 06 2004.
I think you can easily explain it since that date format is standard in India, all information on the biographic page of my passport - date of birth, date of issue, date of expiry are all in the dd-mm-yy format.
Btw, do you have a receipt for the fees you paid at the consulate office? Maybe that has it in the right format if you are worried.

I agree with intezar_imtehan. It's something which you can easily explain to the consulate and they will understand it ...

PCC from Chicago

I sent my PCC Application to Indian Consulate at Chicago.
I sent the following after confirming the Process from theri Office

- cover letter
- PCC Appliction (myself and for my wife)
- $40.00 Appication fee ($20.00 each)
- Copies of 1st and last 2 pages of passports.

Now its been 2 weeks but I didnt get any response about sending our Original Passports for PCC Stamp.
One time, luckily, I got a chance to talk to the person dealing PCC who told me that even if our passports are issued from Chicago, still they have to go thru Police verfication at Our permanent residence and I have to pay another $40.00 alongwith our passports when i 'm told. But somehow she couldnt pull my application due to workload.
Did anyone had similar experience recently cos i knew that if the PP are issued in Chicago , its pretty fast...
Pls throw some light...
Thanks