PCC from SanFrancisco Consulate & Chennai Interview on July 19

manishraj

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,
I need your advise .Here is my situation.
Today (June 15 th )I sent my Passport to SFO embassy for PCC purpose.
After that , I checked Chennai schedules casually.
My Case number was listed for Junly 19 ,2007 interview.

As per Indian Consulate info, issue of PCC will take 20 working days.
Also VFS need all our document 1 week prior to July 19.
How to get PCC prior to July 2nd week , so that I can go for Medical test and other forms submission.
Please put your thoughts.
thanks.
manishraj:confused:

you can get the pcc from india too.. Regional passport office .It will take one day if the passport was issued from india... and get a police certificate from your local police station.That is very easy..

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah, it is very easy from india. I bribed 2000 Rs and countless trips to police station, Thana, SSP office for last 5 days to get PCC from local police station. At least 5 bucket of swetting :). It is a pain even if you bribe them.

As per passport office. My passport was recently renewed from houston and when I went to regional passport office yesterday, guys there told me they will have to perfrom police inquiry and LIU clearance and it will take at least 2 weeks. When I talked to a pimp wandering around there, he said it will cost 8000 Rs. What a joke.

Overall frustating experience to get PCC from India. My 2 cents, if you can make a trip to SFO consulate and get it from there, that will be your best bet. I am 100% sure, if you talk someone there at consulate, show them $200, they will issue you right away. I have felt that Indians (govt. employees) are most corrupt and shameless species in the world. No one can beat them.

Hope my experience would help you realize actual picture of India as you might have been away from country for long time.

thanks

-vmn
you can get the pcc from india too.. Regional passport office .It will take one day if the passport was issued from india... and get a police certificate from your local police station.That is very easy..

Oh yeah, it is very easy from india. I bribed 2000 Rs and countless trips to police station, Thana, SSP office for last 5 days to get PCC from local police station. At least 5 bucket of swetting :). It is a pain even if you bribe them.

As per passport office. My passport was recently renewed from houston and when I went to regional passport office yesterday, guys there told me they will have to perfrom police inquiry and LIU clearance and it will take at least 2 weeks. When I talked to a pimp wandering around there, he said it will cost 8000 Rs. What a joke.

Overall frustating experience to get PCC from India. My 2 cents, if you can make a trip to SFO consulate and get it from there, that will be your best bet. I am 100% sure, if you talk someone there at consulate, show them $200, they will issue you right away. I have felt that Indians (govt. employees) are most corrupt and shameless species in the world. No one can beat them.

Hope my experience would help you realize actual picture of India as you might have been away from country for long time.

thanks

-vmn

Hi Vmanish,
thanks for your info.
My new passport was issued at Houston (expired one Trichy , India).
My wife passport was issued at Chennai.
If I make a trip to SFO and request them , will they issue?
Please advise.
thanks.
manishraj. :confused:

Hi Appan,
Thanks for the info.
Is it not compulsory to get PCC from Consulate(if you live in USA for more than 6 months ... )?
Please advise.
thanks.

Gurus,
I need your advise .Here is my situation.
Today (June 15 th )I sent my Passport to SFO embassy for PCC purpose.
After that , I checked Chennai schedules casually.
My Case number was listed for Junly 19 ,2007 interview.

As per Indian Consulate info, issue of PCC will take 20 working days.
Also VFS need all our document 1 week prior to July 19.
How to get PCC prior to July 2nd week , so that I can go for Medical test and other forms submission.
Please put your thoughts.
thanks.

I was in a similar situation. But the NY embassy was very helpful. There is absolutely no need to bribe anyone. Just call up SFO and somebody should be able to help you out. I do not think PCC from India will work.

I was in a similar situation. But the NY embassy was very helpful. There is absolutely no need to bribe anyone. Just call up SFO and somebody should be able to help you out. I do not think PCC from India will work.

Thanks veryhelpful.
I will go to SFO consulate and try to explain my situation.
thanks.
manishaj.:)

is it ok to get the PCC from the Indian Consulate in advance ? I'm at i-140 stage - not clear if I should wait for P3 to get this doc. it appears the PCC is actually for the stay in India rather than for the US stay - is that correct ?

PCC in SFO.

Please let me know how did you apply for PCC ni SFO. I will send you a private message with my phone. Please call and we will all share the information and track whats going on.

My DS230 was forwrded to Chennai consulate on June 5th from NVC. I am in the process of preparing for the documents and your help and experienced information would be greatly appreciated.

Please let me know how did you apply for PCC ni SFO. I will send you a private message with my phone. Please call and we will all share the information and track whats going on.

My DS230 was forwrded to Chennai consulate on June 5th from NVC. I am in the process of preparing for the documents and your help and experienced information would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Bluez25,
Just go through http://www.cgisf.org/.
You will get all info.I will post the message after visting SFO Indian consulate.
thanks
manishraj

PCC from Indian Consulate

Hi Bluez25,
Just go through http://www.cgisf.org/
You will get all info.I will post the message after visting SFO Indian consulate.
thanks
manishraj

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I went to SFO Indian Consulate and explained my situation. They told that they will be sending within 2 or 3 days.I am waiting for that!.
thanks.
manishraj

Update on PCC from SFO

Friends,
I got PCC from SFO today.
SFO Indian Consulate processed my request very Quickly.
thanks.
manishraj.

Congrats manishraj,

I have found Indian govt employees over here to be quite efficient. I wish all Indians would stop criticising them and give them the credit they deserve.