Pay US Tax?

Mapper99

Hi there,

Do I have to pay the US taxes if a US person contracts my services? For example, my office, and, all the work is getting done in Canada (e.g. developing a web site). I then send the web site to the client in the States.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mapper

Do I have to pay the US taxes if a US person contracts my services? For example, my office, and, all the work is getting done in Canada (e.g. developing a web site). I then send the web site to the client in the States.

No US tax liability.

I am not an accountant.

You finally start to profit and you are all excited about your just work in canada when it suddenly hits you - what about taxes?
US forex traders can choose to be taxed under the tax rules of regular commodities.
* 60% of the capital gains are taxed at the lower capital gains rate (currently 15%)
* the remaining 40% at the ordinary capital gains rate (as high as 35%).

Is classified by the U.S. government as an independent taxation authority by mutual agreement with the U.S. Congress. A common misconception is that residents of Puerto Rico do not have to pay federal taxes. Residents of the island pay federal taxes (import/export taxes, federal commodity taxes, social security taxes, etc.) and some even pay federal income taxes While most residents of the island do not pay federal income tax, they do pay federal payroll taxes (Social Security and Medicare), as well as Puerto Rico income taxes. In addition, because the cutoff point for income taxation is lower than that of the IRS code, and because the per-capita income in Puerto Rico is much lower than the average per-capita income on the mainland, more Puerto Rico residents pay income taxes to the local taxation authority than if the IRS code were applied to the island. Puerto Rico residents are eligible for Social Security benefits upon retirement. Puerto Rico is excluded from Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Puerto Rico receives less than 15% of the Medicaid funding it would be allotted as a state.

Is classified by the U.S. government as an independent taxation authority by mutual agreement with the U.S. Congress. A common misconception is that residents of Puerto Rico do not have to pay federal taxes. Residents of the island pay federal taxes (import/export taxes, federal commodity taxes, social security taxes, etc.) and some even pay federal income taxes While most residents of the island do not pay federal income tax, they do pay federal payroll taxes (Social Security and Medicare), as well as Puerto Rico income taxes. In addition, because the cutoff point for income taxation is lower than that of the IRS code, and because the per-capita income in Puerto Rico is much lower than the average per-capita income on the mainland, more Puerto Rico residents pay income taxes to the local taxation authority than if the IRS code were applied to the island. Puerto Rico residents are eligible for Social Security benefits upon retirement. Puerto Rico is excluded from Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Puerto Rico receives less than 15% of the Medicaid funding it would be allotted as a state.

who cares about puerto rico?? anyway.. its a god forsaken place
outsourcing is a right thing to do .. that way you avoid all taxes in the usa .. so my advice .. look for someone who can perform the same kind of job but not to be a us citizen or resident ..THATS THE BEST IDEA