pay stub query

strikerjax

Registered Users (C)
I quit my old company around the end of Jan'05.
Joined another company in Apr'05. Applied for a H1 at the start of April.
I got a query asking for latest pay stubs (my application went without paystubs) Can I still send the Jan pay stubs from my old company?
any ideas

striker

If USCIS determines that you are out of status (Did not get paid) at the time of filling the H-1, they might not issue I-94 and advice you to go to the home country to get H-1 visa stamping.

strikerjax said:
I quit my old company around the end of Jan'05.
Joined another company in Apr'05. Applied for a H1 at the start of April.
I got a query asking for latest pay stubs (my application went without paystubs) Can I still send the Jan pay stubs from my old company?
any ideas

striker

GC_DJ said:
If USCIS determines that you are out of status (Did not get paid) at the time of filling the H-1, they might not issue I-94 and advice you to go to the home country to get H-1 visa stamping.

Hi,

Similar is my case where in I got laid off in the last week of feb2005 (24th). I am close to joining another company and file for H1 transfer. I got a severence pay for two weeks. The cheque issued on 28th feb. I too don't have the most recent pay stubs.
Please let me know how important is the most recent pay stub. How will it affect my application. I also don't understand what has I-94 to do with the pay stubs. Will you please let me know.
Looking for urgent help....

as per law you should be paid on the Bench too. you are out of status the day you stop getting paid. I-94 is what determines your valid stay in this country. USCIS may ask you for pay stubs to detemine if your are in status or Not. If they find out that you haven't been in Status when you applied for your H1 Transfer then they can approve your H1B petition without I-94 which means you should go out of the coutry and come back. In case you don't have a valid VISA then you have to go to the consulate and get a new one.

now whats going to happen if consulate finds out that your are out of staus for a period of time? It depends on the no.of days you have been out of status.