Patiently Waiting

tlm

Registered Users (C)
I filed the I-129F in November 2002 and received the receipt dated November 25, 2002

I have heard NOTHING since. I can't get through to Texas on the phone and the 1 800# only gives 'very general' information. I have written a letter requesting the status of our case (late February-which is now over 1 month) and still NOTHING

Your Texas tracking went from:
Last update February 15, 2003 showing they were working receipt date Oct 11, 2002 to
Last update March 15, 2003 showing they were working receipt date Oct 18, 2002

Does this process 'truely' take this long or are we getting caught up in the BCIS change over and the war!!??

I do realize your dates are guestimations, but our receipt states 60 to 90 days and so does the BCIS web sit (even today)

My fiance and I are patiently waiting a response

It's hard to say how long the INS will take to get to your petition but it should be soon. This is my time line but I had to go through the MSC not Texas.

1st NOA - 25 Oct
2nd NOV - 14 Feb
NVC Approval - 24 Feb
Consulate sends appointment date - 18 Feb
Appointment date - 16 Apr

I know how hard it is to wait, my wife and I were married in August and have been apart ever since.

hang in there

Thanks Papeg for the encouragement!

At least I did go back for a visit in January. I'm very glad to know this forum is here.

I wish you and your wife much luck through this process! ;)

Patiently waiting also

I also submitted I-129F in November 2002 (November 8, 2002). It is very hard to reach the INS office in Texas. I have reached them about 12 times during the last two months and here is the update.

According to them, there was a new TPS filing that came out in December and the TSC was bogged down with applications. They took officers off their regular cases to process the TPS applications. The deadline for the TPS applications was the first week of March. That is why we had a stall on the other processing dates. INS had anticipated finishing these application by the last week of February and return to their normal processing by that time. However, they did not finish until the first week of March. INS began processing normal applications again the week of March 10th -- which is why the date moved ahead as of March 15th.

Also, if you have been checking the status online, as of today, you will notice they changed the processing time from 60-90 days to 150-180 days.

I have written every senator and representative in my area, state and federal level. I was lucky that one of the state level representative took an interest and forwarded it, requesting a follow-up with her, to the federal level. They have told me that I would hear back from them within 30 days.

I was patiently waiting like you but I think INS has an obligation to process these applications within the time frame they state. The main purpose of the I-129F was to allow US Citizen fiancess and spouses to come to the US quickly. The current processing times defeat the purpose of that.

Additionally, the stress of trying to plan a wedding and honeymoon itself is overwhelming. However, trying to plan these events around INS processing times has been quite an ordeal.

Good luck and please post when you do get approval.

Thanks jg1012002 for that information! I'm sure you can imagine how helpful that was for me. It's just seems that they would send a form letter out to everyone that is waiting since the status is the same for everyone (nothing hapenning right now).
I did see the # of days has changed...5 to 6 months hu!? Well, it's been 4 already.

We are planning our wedding together via fax and phone. I don't know why they even ask on the forms, the date you have set for a wedding, our's was originaly set for Saturday, March 1st. Now, it's just going to be the 1st Saturday after he gets here

Thanks again for the information :)

We have rescheduled 3 times so far and it gets expensive. I am hoping that INS is working quickly to get these backlogged petitions finished. I also sent two notices and left several messages for the supervisor to contact me but of course I never heard anything from them.

Good luck and if you get approval please post. Also, what country is your fiancee' from?

:D I'm very happy to see that!!! I guess you will be coming up soon since your date is the 8th!! Mine is the 26th

Do you plan to go back and meet your spouse for the interview, or do they have to have one?

I know I'm going! I miss him so much I'm ready to go now, but I'm being patient!!! :)

Where is your spouse?

My spouse is from India but lives in Dubai. We both decided with the current crisis that it is better for me to stay here but I would rather go. Up to the war started I had planned to go. I know that missing feeling, it is almost killing me.

Still Patiently Waiting

Does anyone have a # to call TSC other than the # on the receipt? I'm not having any luck with that # at all

Moved an entire 6 days in one months

I can't tell you how frustrated I am. Probably more mad about this then anything in my life. My I-129f was received on Jan 2nd and its not May 2nd. Looks like for the entire month of March the TSC moved an entire 5 days. How can anybody have the right to put my life on hold like this. What can we do?

I totally understand your frustration. I filed my I-129f on 25 Oct and it was finally approved on Valentines day. My wife's appointment was 2 months after that. There has to be an easier way. Good luck and hang in there. I know it's horrible.