• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

passport

immigrant123456

Registered Users (C)
do children 2 and 4 years need a separate passport?? as they are included in my wifes passport?? our interview is soon,, please advise us??

ALL children need separate passport, no matter how old they are (even infants need passport).[/QUOTE

I think it is not neccessary to children to have a different passports & I know one winner in last year from Sri Lanka did the same without any problem & they got the visa.

thanx for ur answers,, though two 180 degrees diffrent answers, can aybody advise me through a personal experience !?!?! thanx

thanx for ur answers,, though two 180 degrees diffrent answers, can aybody advise me through a personal experience !?!?! thanx

Check your country's US consulate website. See example below:

A passport must be valid for travel to the United States and must have at least six months validity beyond the issuance date of the visa. If the appearance of the applicant has changed substantially since the passport was originally issued (such as in the case of minor children with passports issued at birth), then a new passport may be required. Minor children should have their own passports.

Which country will you be interviewing at?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is better to consult your issue with the US attorney in your country because children s should have passport individually.

I sent an e-mail regarding a seperate passport for a child, they replied it was OK to include children to mothers passport and it is upto us to make seperate passports to childrens.

Well check again with US customs since in Europe were are clearly told that all children need their own passport and that is already for over 10 years now and I doubt that one continent is treated different than others...

Even in the Diversity lottery the kids need to be entered with their own picture...all kids!

Well check again with US customs since in Europe were are clearly told that all children need their own passport and that is already for over 10 years now and I doubt that one continent is treated different than others...

Even in the Diversity lottery the kids need to be entered with their own picture...all kids!

In Sri Lankan passport under 16 all the children can traval with mother's passport or father's as they attach pictures of all the children in to relevent passsport. But I recommend you to contact relevent embassy for further details.

Yes your children require passport. Visitors of all other nationalities, all ages, require a valid passport to enter another country by land, sea and air.

no need for separate passport

this is from a personal experience... to make sure contact the US embassy in ur country and double check... regulations might be different in different countries!!