PASSPORT - when they clear check and update online status?

izh114

Registered Users (C)
PASSPORT - I submitted my and my wife's and son's applications at Post Office on October 27 (Thursday) for regular processing, which I believe is maximum 6 weeks. Today end of day Nov 07 Passport office has still not encashed my 3 checks and they have not updated the online status if our applications are under process. Is this time frame normal? I need to know in how many days they usually clear checks and update the online status? Plz let me know. Thanks.

izh114 said:
PASSPORT - I submitted my and my wife's and son's applications at Post Office on October 27 (Thursday) for regular processing, which I believe is maximum 6 weeks. Today end of day Nov 07 Passport office has still not encashed my 3 checks and they have not updated the online status if our applications are under process. Is this time frame normal? I need to know in how many days they usually clear checks and update the online status? Plz let me know. Thanks.

i read some posts about their check did not get cashed 2-3 weeks after they mailed out the application. i believe your applications might just sit on someone desk waiting to be processed.

I applied on OCT 28th at the Naturalization ceremony facility with regular mail. It has been alsmost 9 working days since i applied but there is no status on the State web site. Does any one has a similar experience. how long it takes for status to appear? The web site says up to 7 day. thanks

Finally after 8 business days they have cashed my checks. But still not updated the online status. I just have to wait, I guess. :rolleyes:

izh114 said:
Finally after 8 business days they have cashed my checks. But still not updated the online status. I just have to wait, I guess. :rolleyes:

wow, it takes 8 business days to cash out the first check? they are very slow nowadays.

it will probably take another week before your second check be cashed, and your online status will change after that.

rjad said:
wow, it takes 8 business days to cash out the first check? they are very slow nowadays.

it will probably take another week before your second check be cashed, and your online status will change after that.

that is why someone would be willing to pay for the expediated service.

izh114 said:

How do u get an online profile? Do you get a case number for your passport application?

Provide your Last Name, DOB and last 4# of your social

https://passportstatus.state.gov/opss/OPSS_Status_i.asp

Here is the response:
U.S. Passport Application Status

Thank you for submitting your passport application!
Your passport application locator number is XXXXXXXXX.

When you applied, you requested Routine Service and Routine Delivery of your passport. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail.

This means you should receive your passport within 6 weeks from the date you applied. Depending upon how the facility where you applied forwarded your application, you should receive your passport on or about 12/07/2005.

If your travel plans change and you need your passport sooner, please contact the National Passport Information Center.

izh114 said:
Provide your Last Name, DOB and last 4# of your social

https://passportstatus.state.gov/opss/OPSS_Status_i.asp

Here is the response:
U.S. Passport Application Status

Thank you for submitting your passport application!
Your passport application locator number is XXXXXXXXX.

When you applied, you requested Routine Service and Routine Delivery of your passport. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail.

This means you should receive your passport within 6 weeks from the date you applied. Depending upon how the facility where you applied forwarded your application, you should receive your passport on or about 12/07/2005.

If your travel plans change and you need your passport sooner, please contact the National Passport Information Center.
Were you able to check your status online? I applied on Oct 28th and still has not gotton any status. I paid by money order. I am worried what if my application is lost in mail handling. I called the passport agency and they can not do any thing until the check is cashed. any one with similar experience? thanks

No Need To Apply For Expedited Passport - I Got Mine In 14 Business Days!

I applied for my and my family's passports on Oct 27 at a post office in NYC. It was for a regular processing and mailing service, (not expedited service). They said it would take upto 6 weeks to receive my passports. I said fine. I received my (regular processing) passports in mail today, by USPS Priority Mail :D in less than 14 business days!

izh114 said:
I applied for my and my family's passports on Oct 27 at a post office in NYC. It was for a regular processing and mailing service, (not expedited service). They said it would take upto 6 weeks to receive my passports. I said fine. I received my (regular processing) passports in mail today, by USPS Priority Mail :D in less than 14 business days!

That's very interesting. Reading back, I see your check wasn't even cashed on the 8 business day and you didn't anything online ! (did it ever come online?)

Things must have changed, or maybe your region is different, which city/state you applied?

Ok folks. I finally got the passport today on Dec 2nd. Passport office never added my informaiton to check the online status but it took 5 weeks. I applied on OCT 28th at the naturlization ceremony and got it the passport on dec 2nd. The whole citizenship process was very smooth for me and not troubles at all.