passport to be sent in 60 days?

cnatar02

Registered Users (C)
folks, my letter requesting my passport to be sent to bufallo says that i need to send my pasport within 60 days? i see that everyone in the forum keep saying that it has to be sent in 30 days? are there different timeframes for different people? do i need to send it in 30 days or in 60 days as per the letter? please advice.

also, i dont have a request for my photographs. just my passport and the original letter. should i send in my photos as well? if so, what are the requirements for the photo like size and other things? please let me know on that as well, thanks in advance.

Hi cnatar02,

I received the letter asking to send the passport on jan25,2003. and it said to send in 30 days. It also asked for 2 photograohs for each person and the size of the photograph is 35mm x 45mm. Did they take photographs from you before , say during interview if you happened to go for interview?? If not then I think it is safer to send photographs.

Shamim

i did submit 2 photos (with the specified size requirements) along with my PR application, initially in sept 2001. i did not require an interview. my passport request letter that i received on jan 6, 2003 says that i need to send my passport within 60 days and it also has a section under frequently asked questions that accompanied my letter that states the 60 days time limit. so i am confused now. anybody else can clarify or have received a similar letter with 60 days limit for sending their passports?

shamim - did you send only 2 photos or have you sent photos before as well? if so, how many in total did you send them?

manass - i did my medicals in oct 2002.

cnatar02,

I was not asked to send 2 photographs earlier. Since you had to send 2 photographs prior to sending your passports and since they didn't ask for photographs with passport, my guess is you don't need to send photographs...they already have it.

Shamim

cnatar02
I was asked to send passports within 30 days but due to some reasons I could not. Then I received a 2nd and final notice from them asking to send my passports within the next 30 days. So it seems they do give you a max. of 60 days. In your case you might not have another 30 days available to you as grace period. Better send passport as soon as you can. I got mine back today with the visa and it just took them 1 week to send it back. Probably the most efficient part of the whole process.

rb2002

can you share with me the mode that you sent your passport? by USPS, FedEx, etc.? and how did you request the consulate in bufallo to send your passport back to you? again USPS or ordinary mail? i understand that the consulate will not return your passport by FedEx, UPS, or any other courier.

cnatar02
I sent our passports through Fedex. In the grey envelope just put the passports and the original letter and seal it. Then put grey envelope and a prepaid self addressed Express mail envelope (for getting back pp) in the Fedex envelope and sent it. The passports were delivered to me in Express mail envelope and the person delivering it took my signatures before releasing the package (just like Fedex). Better than receiving them thru ordinary mail.