Passport Time Line

cisjua

Registered Users (C)
How long it is taking to get a passport now days?

I just applied today ( at local Post Office).

I did not pay for the 'expedited' service, just regular service...

How long should I expect to wait?

Thanks...

Thanks..
I don't have plans to travel outside the US (this month any way).
I do have a couple of business trips within the US ( I do not need passport for these trips).
Just need to wait a couple of weeks.

Wish we could discuss the passport issue like you already but unfortunately this thread is for pre-citizenship issues. :) :)

Thanks..
I don't have plans to travel outside the US (this month any way).
I do have a couple of business trips within the US ( I do not need passport for these trips).
Just need to wait a couple of weeks.

cisjua,

Did you check your passport application online? Also if you have paid by check, has it been cashed?

Cpzinga,

How the online status is as I have checked mine many times and I am seeing the same thing since the first update.
As is there any update after the first update?

Cpzinga,

How the online status is as I have checked mine many times and I am seeing the same thing since the first update.
As is there any update after the first update?

I had applied for my passport (and my wife's too) using expedite service. The status changed 3 times in 10 days and I got the pp's in 10 days.

For regular processing - it may take up to 2/3 weeks between status changes. I have applied for my daughter's passport a week ago using regular processing and it has shown status that they have received the application (for pp book and pp card) and they are processing it. They may update the status when they make it ready and deliver. I have checked the bank statement and it shows that the check has been cashed. I am expecting it to be delivered in 2 more weeks.

How long it is taking to get a passport now days?

Check my sig time-line. The passport card was the last thing to arrive and it arrived yesterday. All my processing was done by normal Mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check my sig time-line. The passport card was the last thing to arrive and it arrived yesterday. All my processing was done by normal Mail.

Brian,

Based on your timeline, I should get my daughter's passport within 2 weeks from now. Then I will need to update at SS office for all of us.

Nice to see no "Waiting..." in your time line anymore. :)

Nice to see no "Waiting..." in your time line anymore. :)

Hi CPZ,

The times seem to vary widely with the passport and card. I was reading where the card usually arrived about two weeks after the passport then the certificate returned about a week after that. But as you can see from my time line all three came within a few days of each other.

Yeah, it is good that there is no "waiting..." in my life now too. It is great honor and a great feeling to be a US Citizen. The Certificate made me feel good, but the passport really made it sink in that I can go almost anywhere in the world as a US Citizen. A great feeling.

My Birth country allows dual Citizenship so I am especially lucky too. But I treasure the US Citizenship very highly as I had to work for and earn that privilege.

Keep checking the mail, you are almost there. :D

Are we supposed to get a new social security card? They said we would just get a letter from social security administration confirming that the citizenship change was reflected. However my wife got a new SS card 3 or 4 days ago (exactly same as previous one). I have still not received anything. Should I be concerned if I do not receive anything? Also does everyone receive a new card? Both myself and my wife had also updated our status after our green cards.

Rich, my parents never got a new SS card, so I don't think you need to worry. If hers has the same number then it might be the SS office that just sent her a new copy for no specific reason but just because her status in US changed.

Rich, my parents never got a new SS card, so I don't think you need to worry. If hers has the same number then it might be the SS office that just sent her a new copy for no specific reason but just because her status in US changed.

Thanks Mimi! My only concern was because we did it together one right after the other; at the same office and also at the same counter/agent. But if your parents also did not receive that's some consolation at least. Wouldn't want the SS card to fall in the wrong hands!

07/17/2009 Mailed N-400 to TX
07/20/2009 Delivery Received Date to TX
07/25/2009 Check Cashed Date
xx/xx/2009 I-797C Notice Date
08/12/2009 I-797C Received Date
xx/xx/2009 Fingerprint Notice Date
08/12/2009 Fingerprint Notice Received Date
xx/xx/2009 Fingerprint Appointment Date
08/13/2009 Fingerprint Walk-in Date
09/01/2009 Yellow Letter Received with IL
09/01/2009 Interview Letter Received Date
10/06/2009 Interview Date
10/06/2009 Oath Letter Received Date
10/09/2009 Oath Date
10/09/2009 Applied Passport + Passport Card
xx/xx/2009 Received Passport
xx/xx/2009 Received Passport card

I had applied for my passport (and my wife's too) using expedite service. The status changed 3 times in 10 days and I got the pp's in 10 days.

For regular processing - it may take up to 2/3 weeks between status changes. I have applied for my daughter's passport a week ago using regular processing and it has shown status that they have received the application (for pp book and pp card) and they are processing it. They may update the status when they make it ready and deliver. I have checked the bank statement and it shows that the check has been cashed. I am expecting it to be delivered in 2 more weeks.

Hello:

I have just applied for a passport book and card using expedite service.
How can I know when I am going to received them? and

How can I know if I am going to receive them by mail or if I have to pick up them?

Thanks

Also does everyone receive a new card?

Hi RVA, I would assume so. They probably update the database to reflect the Citizenship status and then to propagate that through the system they use the stand Replacement Card process.

That would bring all the other linked systems into line. Such things as the e-verify etc.