passport stamping

cennai671

Registered Users (C)
hi guys,

my case was approved a few days back and was wondering what kind of documents should i take to local
LA office
these are few questions i have
1. can i schedule an appt, thru infopass- to do stamping
2.do i have to take the original approval letter or copy is enough
3. any idea of how long is the wait to do the stamping

thanks

cennai

Hi cennai671,

Here is the information from SF, and not LA :( but if you get any detail please post here. I believe for LA you can use infopass.

"From SFO

Anyways got there today at 730 am .. just like my approval notice said.. nobody at all that appt line..

First IIO checks your ID, pictures, approval .. then you get a number...

Second IIO calls the number and gets your documents.. passport, approval, i94, pictures and previous APs and EAD ...(not i140) mine just got the latest ones.. my wife's got em all.. then he gets your signature and FP... 10 min later, you get called to get back your passport stamped.. we were done by 9 am..

Dont get intimidated by the guard... go straight to the appt line and show him your approval.. you have an appt and right not to be yelled at.. thanks lindamac for the tip..
Good luck..."

rs071 said:
Hi, rs071:

I am interested in the following experience you posted for SFO office, :).
I am planning to have my passport stamped there soon (just got approval
notice in letter last night). But, regarding your following post, I have a few
questions and hope you may clarify them (thank you in advance, :) ):

"From SFO

<F>: what is the address? Is it "630 sansome street, SF"? Then it should
be different from the address used for regular/walk-in service (444
washington street), right? If yes, there should have two different
waiting lines, one for walk-in and one for appt, right?

Anyways got there today at 730 am .. just like my approval notice said.. nobody at all that appt line..

<F>: what do you mean "nobody at all that appt line.."? I am a little
bit confused. Could you please provide more details?

First IIO checks your ID, pictures, approval .. then you get a number...

<F>: did you get in through the appt line?

Second IIO calls the number and gets your documents.. passport, approval, i94, pictures and previous APs and EAD ...(not i140) mine just got the latest ones.. my wife's got em all.. then he gets your signature and FP... 10 min later, you get called to get back your passport stamped.. we were done by 9 am..

Dont get intimidated by the guard... go straight to the appt line and show him your approval.. you have an appt and right not to be yelled at.. thanks lindamac for the tip..

<F>: seems to me you did get in through the appt line. So, what did you
say to the security guard? any suggestion?

Good luck..."

Appreciate your help!

-F

Sorry, but it's not my personal experience. I have quoted it from somebody else's post.

rs071 said:
Sorry, but it's not my personal experience. I have quoted it from somebody else's post.

Then, rs071, could you please point me to the original post? Appreciate.

-F