Passport Stamped(Philadelphia)-FP Rejection Case/Some useful info

ip11

Registered Users (C)
Finally today three year journey completed.(EB Case)
Process Started :June 1999
I-485 Applied:January 2001
FP done in July 2001 :rejected
FP-Redo in sep 2001 :again rejected
(I expected rejection because of my skin condition)
Case Transferred to Philly INS in January 2002
Received communication from Philly INS in April that I should appear personally in INS office within 12 weeks (84 days) alongwith police clearance(check) from all the places I have lived in USA during last five years for more than 6 months.There were 4 places 3 in PA and 1 in NJ. I was able to get clearnance/letters from (every police department may have a differant process of giving these letters) 2 places in PA. the remaining one place in PA asked me to go to state police. So I got another clearance from PA state police. Also in NJ they asked me to get it from state police.So fromNJ I got clearance/letter from State Police.
Went to INS office in philly this morning at 730 a.m. There were 2 ques, one for those people who have an appointment and another for geneeral enquiries&forms. The people from general line were being let in 1 by 1 from 730 a.m. I did not have a fixed appointment but INS letter to me said that come on any tuesday,wednesday or thrursday from 8 a.m. to 12 noon. So I got in the line for people with appointment. My number was third in line We were let in starting at 8 a.m. After routine security check at entrance we went to 3rd floor. there was only 1 person ahead of me in the hall where I submitted my letter at a counter. So my number was 2nd. They did not give any tokens or numbers. Within next half an hour or so there were around 30-40 persons in the waiting hall. After a while they started calling persons 1 by 1 inside for interview or whatever you may want to call it. The name call was in no particular sequence because my name was called around 9 a.m. after atleast 8-9 people who came after me. I alongwith my wife went inside alongwith with the lady officer. She took fingerprint of one finger on both sides on a paper and asked us to sign on that paper. Then we went inside a room. She asked \'Did you bring the clearnace letters which you have been asked to bring", I said "Yes" and then gave her all the papers. She gave a look at the papers and then said that she will bring the stamp. Apparently we were the first persons for her this morning. She came back in 2-3 minutes, Stampped our passports, crossed all visas in our passports and said that we are done. The stamp says that temporary proof of permanent residence vaild for 1 year. I asked why 1 year then she said that you will get your green card in mail and that is the permanent proof for which she said that it may take 6-9 months (which is a standard reply).

What kind of Info you provide to the police to get the police clearance?

please answer me, My case transferred to local INS due to poor fingerprints(I GUESS). So I may be asked to bring police clearances, I will appreciate if you can share the info. Thanks in advance.

No Title

As I have mentioned in my post every local police department/State police may have a different process.
I drafted a standard letter for the police departments that I need to get my record check done, which I need to submit to INS for immigration because my finger prints were unclassifiable. Before going to the police departments, it is better to call them to find out what their process is, so that you do not have to run around (I had to run around even if I have called the local police in NJ)
Location A: They took my letter and gave me a letter saying that I do not have any record in their area.
Location B:I needed to fill a form after going personally and also a fee of $35. I received the form back in 10 days saying that I do not have any record.
Location 3&4:They said that they do not do record check for immigration and asked me to go to state police.
Location 3.(same state in which I live) I went to state police,they gave me a form and I needed to fill the form and send it to their hq. alongwith $10 money order. I sent it and they sent the form back with no records in 3 days.
location 4(out of state in which i live). I needed to go to my state police, get finger prints done,they gave me the fingerprint card to me and then i sent it to the other state police hq. alongwith my cover letter. they sent back it with no records in 2 weeks.
Also both in 3&4 I had enclosed a paid self addressed usps express envelope.
hope it helps.

Card Received

On August 3rd,2002, permanent resident card received for both me and my wife alongwith with seperate notice for record creation as permanent resident.

Congratulations buddy, enjoy your freedom, I appriciate your information sharing. I can imagine how painful to obtain all police clearence letters from 4 different places.
I am sure this info. will help some other GC waiter on this boards.

Thanks for your contribution.