Passport Stamped:end Of Story....

bharath_vasi

Registered Users (C)
Last week my 485 was approved. The INS notice listed the Los Angeles office for Passport stamping. It also asked us to carry our I-94 Arrival Departure records, 2 Passport size photos with Name and Alien # printed lightly with pencil on the back of the photos. It said that we could go any day Monday thro Friday between 6.00 AM to 12 NOON.
Since LA is very far...I decided to go to the nearby Santa Ana office at 34 CIVIC CENTER PLAZA, SANTA ANA BLVD, SANTA ANA.
I didn\'t go there on Monday as I heard there would be more people on that day.
So we went there today at about 7.15. We get \'Tickets\' on the 3rd Floor after they verify your documents and the INS Notice and asked us to go to 5th floor. There we waited for about 30 minutes and our number was called.
The person at the counter was very nice. He took our Index finger print, signature. Put our pictures in an envelope, put our Alien# on the envelope. Stapled the pictures and the form on which he took our signatures. Took our Passports, tore off the I-94 Arrival Departure record.
Stamped the passport and said Merry Christmas....etc and we were out.
He said we should expect our card in about 6 months to 1 Year and if we don\'t get it by Nov 12 next year, we should go back for renewal of Passport Stamping which is valid for 1 year from the Approval Date.
That was a happy ending to a long story....
Hope you all have a happy ending very soon....
HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

Documents for Passport Stamping

I didn\'t carry any employment letter.
I had carried my H1, EAD, AP documents etc, just in case. They never bothered about them.
I went with the Courtsey copy of the Notice. Infact INS checks the Courtsey copy to verify your current address. Your lawyers copy won\'t help. After the stamping the INS guy marked our Courtsey copies with his remarks and gave it back to us.
Good Luck...

Santa Ana INS Office

Here\'s some info about Santa Ana INS Service center.

Their URL is http://www.immigration.com/frame/santaanafr.html

Welcome to the Santa Ana Office, a sub office of the Los Angeles District. This office provides services for immigration-related matters for Orange County and South Los Angeles County.

Details about this office can be found here.

This office is open from Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from: 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM. It is open on Thursdays from 7:00AM to 12:00 Noon.

We are located at 34 Civic Center Plaza, Santa Ana, CA 92701. Click here for directions.

For information about immigration services, or for more information, click on the appropriate button at left.