Passport stamp - approval email - question

umd_mba

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
Quick question ...once the officer places a I551 stamp on the passport , does the person become a LPR starting that date ? We had our interview yesterday and were approved , so am I correct in understanding that the 21 months to remove condition (I-751) started yesterday ?
We have not received any email of the I-130 , 485 approval so far . I do see from the forum taht it can take a few days to a week for that to happen . Just wanted to quickly clarify that since the officer stamped the passport , the background/namecheck etc should have been cleared . Is this correct ?
Also , our officer mentioned that the card should reach us within a month. Some people on the forum have got it within days . Do they just say 1 month as a maximum timeframe ?

Thanks once again and good luck to everyone .

Yes.....

Yes... as of March 27th, 07 you are a legal permanent resident.

Yes... your 21 months started on the date of your approval, 03/27/07.

Yes... your background or name check is complete, if it was not complete, the Officer would not have stamped your passport and approved your applications. :)

A month is not a maximum time frame, it can take longer or less depending on many inexplicable factors associated with USCIS. So, enjoy your life, because the physical card has no effect on your life, because now you are approved. It should be mailed very soon....

Don't be concerned about anything, you can actually travel outside the country with your stamped passport, because it is as good as the physical cards. :rolleyes: