Passed Interview, no oath letter yet ......

I am also waiting for the oath letter from USCIS/local DO (St. Paul/Minneaplis). My interview was conducted on Sept. 4th, 2008 and I was given a piece of paper indicating that I have passed english and civic test.

Upon my last inquiry, I was told that my case is in so called "Re-Verifciation" and it may take a month or so more. Any body with same response from USCIS about his/her case?

Hey Haraputta,

My N400 case is with the same DO (St Paul). Did they ask you about any traffic tickets at the interview?

AP

Yes - the officer did ask me about traffic tickets in the last 5 years and I told her yes explaining that they were traffic violations. She was fine with it. I never mentioned them in my application.

Let me know if you have any other questions. My interview experience was pretty smooth and quick - no curve balls or tricky questions.

Good luck.

Yes - the officer did ask me about traffic tickets in the last 5 years and I told her yes explaining that they were traffic violations. She was fine with it. I never mentioned them in my application.

Let me know if you have any other questions. My interview experience was pretty smooth and quick - no curve balls or tricky questions.

Good luck.

Did you mention these on the N400? I have some small traffic violations (incl parking tickets, license tab related ticket, one stop on red (camera based - $150) and one speeding warning (only, no fine)). I answered NO to the said question but not sure if I should actually disclose it on the N400 when I appear for the interview.

I can be reached at tabaliya AT YAHOO if you want to take this offline.

Looks like the St Paul DO is backlogged for oaths. Which ain't good news since I have already been waiting for two years for my interview call (which is on 11/18 now - I applied on 12/4/06). It's been so bloody long to get here.

AP

I had my interview in Fairfax / DC office on September 25, 2008 and was given a letter saying that I had passed. I was told that as DC only had one oath taking per month, I'd have to wait for the letter - it has been almost a month and nothing yet.

Depends on how long its been since you passed your interview..if you call after 90 days , but 120 days haven't passed since interview they will ask you to call back. If 120 days have passed since interview, they will most likely open service request to DO to have them respond to you about the status of your inquiry.

I called after 90 days. A rep tried to help me but couldn't and handed me over to a IO who had access to my file. She told me my application was approved the day of the interview and I was put "in que for the oath" four days later. That was 122 days ago...so I called again. This time they opened a service request, which will take another month. What I don't understand is how it can take longer to take the oath than the whole process (including the interview) took before that.

Waited 90 days and called the 800 number. The customer rep was cordial. I requested her to send an enquiry to the USCIS Washington office. The same evening, received a paper from USCIS requesting to go for fingerprinting (as the previous one has expired). This whole process is getting crazier by the minute.

16 months and counting...... :(

Just got an oath letter - 25 days after "no-decision" interview. Oath scheduled for January.

Got a response from Wash DC office stating that the Oath letter was sent in August and that I didn't appear for the oath scheduled for mid-September! How do I know this when I never rec'd the letter?

What else can go wrong here? Case status check won't work anymore (after case is transferred to local office) and we are discouraged from inquiring within 90 days after the interview date. I took an Infopass to go to office.

Is Infopass the only way I can go to the Wash DC and explain my case?

I have a similar situation. I have been waiting since March 2007 and i had my interview the other day.. I received a response with 'a decision cannot be made' because another 'file' about me hasn't reached the local office. I think what USCIS doing is they are clearing the interviews but stalling the process during the post interview case.. :(

Hi 2BUSCTZN

After the interview there are two case scenarios:

1. You receive form 652: "congratulation you are recommended …“. Meaning a supervisor will review your documentation for last time and either approve it or deny it.
2. You will be given Form N-445, Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony and ask to come later same day for the oath ceremony

Based on your description, you were pre-approved (2nd option)

Good luck
pet

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a similar situation. I have been waiting since March 2007 and i had my interview the other day.. I received a response with 'a decision cannot be made' because another 'file' about me hasn't reached the local office. I think what USCIS doing is they are clearing the interviews but stalling the process during the post interview case.. :(
Hi,

I had my interview at the end of October. The Officer went through my application and asked me lots of questions, he also gave me the civics exam which I passed and ended the Interview with '' since we are missing a folder you will not be able to take the oath and the case will remain pending"

The question is, has anyone have any experience with such a thing and how long would it normal takes to request a folder from the national center. Should I try to get an INFOPASS, if so how long I Waite before an INFOPASS should is initiated

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

PD 3/07
FP done on 4/07
2nd FP notice 8/08
2nd FP done 08/08
IL 9/08
10/08 - ID - no decision

Give it at least 30 days after your interview to schedule an Infopass for an update. Just keep in mind that they have up to 120 days after your interview to adjudicate your case.

Did my fingerprinting again since it expired (I guess the validity is 15 months). I took an infopass and will head to Wash DC office this week to see whats the next step. I am hoping that my fingerprint results have come and that, the IO will allow me on onsite oath the same day.

Keeping my fingers crossed........ What an ordeal! :rolleyes:

My saga is finally getting over...... Just before my Infopass appt, I recd my oath letter this evening. This time I recd it unlike the last time when the letter never came. I am glad that I don't have to go to the Wash DC office but rather to the local court. Stay tuned. I will update my info after the oath.

My saga is finally getting over...... Just before my Infopass appt, I recd my oath letter this evening. This time I recd it unlike the last time when the letter never came. I am glad that I don't have to go to the Wash DC office but rather to the local court. Stay tuned. I will update my info after the oath.

Congratulations! When are you scheduled for an oath?

congratulation

Hi

When your oath ceremony will take place and where in DC (which court)?
I had my interview and was recommanded for approaval on sep26,08 at washington field office. after the interview, my application was placed in the queue for a judicial naturalization through the court in Washington, DC. I was told that, the queue for the court in the district is large and they cannot project a date for my ceremony at this time. Now, it is over 7 weeks(53 days) passed, but i have not heard from them. I scheduled an infopass on the nov. 25 (2 months passed) for status.

Do you think is good idea to inquire about my status before 90 day passed?
pet

Vertigo, I am scheduled for oath tomorrow.

Petter, the oath is in a local court in Central VA. I would suggest that you do an infopass. I waited for 90 days before finding out that my (first) oath date had passed. You can also call the USCIS cust service and do an inquiry. It is thru the inquiry that I realized that I was called for an oath, the first time around.

To my amazement, someone from USCIS called me this morning to remind me that my oath is tomorrow and to check whether I would attend. I guess they want to make sure that I got the Oath Letter this time around :)

I will update my experience later this week.

waiting for oath letter too

PETTER and UPSTATE_NY
I got my interview at DC field office on SEP_2_20008 and 2 months and 17 days has passed and i'm still waiting for my oath letter. Today i call 800- and was able to talk to an IO. She was very nice asked me a lot of questions and told me that my interview was SEP_4 not SEP_2 :eek: and asked me to wait for another 2 weeks. She told me that within 2 weeks if i don't hear anything from them I should call back and ask for IO Katherine Rice.
What do you guys think about my case ?
Here is what happened at my interview :
everything went well until the IO tried to approve mycase on the system. He said that he couldn't approve my case be cause the system said that my marrisge date that can't be the same as my birthday. at that Monemt the IO asked me to show him my marriage certificate and the he checked back on my N-400 and found out that I had put my birthday on my marriage date.
Anyways I walked out the door with a n-652 saying that THE DECISION CAN NOT BE MADE..... and almost 3 months i'm still waiting.
UPSTATE_NY did you call 800- or made an inforpas so you could get a call for your oath ? let us know man we're all in the same boat. Thank you PETTER for sharing with me.