Paris Transit Visa

bulandhausla

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I am going to India for my CP interview. I am on H1 but my renewed H1 is not stamped on my passport. Do I need tranit visa for France? Please provide inputs if any ASAP.

Thanks,

BH

bulandhausla,

good to c u got ur interview date...all the best with that.

as far as the french transit visa goes, I believe u need one. I am assuming you will be transiting thru France on your way to India. The rule is you should have a valid stamp in your passport (NIV visa like H1/L1/etc. or gc stamp) before they let you board the flight leaving USA.

if u can alter ur travel plans, and r running short of time, i wud suggest go by emirates and take the direct flight from JKF to dubai...no transit visa for indians required.

good luck.

Thanks patyx. I am applying for my transit visa tomorrow.
praytx said:
bulandhausla,

good to c u got ur interview date...all the best with that.

as far as the french transit visa goes, I believe u need one. I am assuming you will be transiting thru France on your way to India. The rule is you should have a valid stamp in your passport (NIV visa like H1/L1/etc. or gc stamp) before they let you board the flight leaving USA.

if u can alter ur travel plans, and r running short of time, i wud suggest go by emirates and take the direct flight from JKF to dubai...no transit visa for indians required.

good luck.

Transit Visa

HI,

I went to CP interview via paris in Air India in last Nov, 04. I did not take any transit visa. I was not even asked at the time or boarding. I think the rule is if you are not planning to get off the flight then they won't ask you.

Better check with your agent, they are very familier with that. I also did not have visa stamp in my passport, I had only approval notice.

Best of luck for your CP process.

Air India does not have issue with it. Normally they do not allow people to get off the plane.

check with the airline. When i got tickets for my parents I was asked about their citizeship. With their citizenship they didn't need a transit visa, even though they changed planes in Paris and terminals, as well. :)

Lucy,

It depends on the citizenship as well as if the US transit passenger has a valid US visa in the passport or a has a Permanent Resident Card.

i think alren summarized it well in a one-liner.

bulandhausla,

if u plan to deplane (reagardless of airline) in france and u have an indian passport and u dont have a valid stamp in ur passport (like i mentioned earlier, NIV stamp like h1/l1/etc or a gc stamp), u absolutely need a transit visa. i am speaking from first hand experience. trust me.

good luck with ur interview.

And in most cases the airline will not allow you to board the plane if you do not have the same.

Got the French Schenchen visa in 38 minutes FLAT for self and family. They are super efficient !!!!!!

My interview is on Jan 20th.

BH
GreenMD2003 said:
Buland

When is your interview?

Good luck .

Keep us posted after your interview.

Thanks

Green MD

praytx said:
i think alren summarized it well in a one-liner.

bulandhausla,

if u plan to deplane (reagardless of airline) in france and u have an indian passport and u dont have a valid stamp in ur passport (like i mentioned earlier, NIV stamp like h1/l1/etc or a gc stamp), u absolutely need a transit visa. i am speaking from first hand experience. trust me.

good luck with ur interview.

I have a valid H1 visa but no I94. I haev a I551 stamp on my passport too. Do I still need a visa to transit through london, frankfurt, Paris? Please help

MonkMonk said:
I have a valid H1 visa but no I94. I haev a I551 stamp on my passport too. Do I still need a visa to transit through london, frankfurt, Paris? Please help

Your post is a bit confusing.

The I-551 stamp is put on the passport after your immigran visa is approved and waiting for the actual green card.

With this, your dependency on the H1 and I-94 is gone.

I am assuming that the places you mentioned would accept the I-551 stamp as an indication of your Immigrant Status. Research if there are any exceptions.

Raju

Evenif u have the stamping u need visa. If u have the actual card , no need of visa. Flying by Emirates will be an option if u don't want to go for Visa