Parent's Cases Only: Tracking Thread

second stage: I think, you are fine on your timeline. Diverting mind to something else is not easy but it helps. I have attained the right to say so ;-) after waiting for 211 calendar days (150 business days) for the process.

Map your timeline with business days/CDs to others to see when the next step will come through and sit tight.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have mapped the timeline in business days and feel I've fallen behind others.

I do however, need to compare against someone from the same DO who has applied...

Last edited by a moderator:
AP approved

Yesterday mother got her AP. Hopefully things are going well , soon we receive GC approval.:p

vasu

It's been 2 weeks since FP and I'm still waiting for some kind of update, either transfer to CSC or anything with EAD.

Prior immigration application.

Hi, I'm new to this forum/thread.
I'm preparing my parents green card by myself.
My parents came to US about 10 years ago and their previous application with an employer takes forever. It has been 8~9 years of waiting.
As i expect to get my citizenship soon (just finger-printed though), i want to get ready for my parents greend card.

Would it be a problem if i file for them, while their previous application is still pending?

On I-130, question 15 (name and address of present employer), and question 16 (has ever been under immigration proceedings?), we need to expose all the previous application facts?

I just worry that the prior case slow down this application due to close inspection or something..

Thanks very much.
Will update the timeline once we begin our journey.

Hi, I'm new to this forum/thread.
I'm preparing my parents green card by myself.
My parents came to US about 10 years ago and their previous application with an employer takes forever. It has been 8~9 years of waiting.
As i expect to get my citizenship soon (just finger-printed though), i want to get ready for my parents greend card.

Would it be a problem if i file for them, while their previous application is still pending?

On I-130, question 15 (name and address of present employer), and question 16 (has ever been under immigration proceedings?), we need to expose all the previous application facts?

I just worry that the prior case slow down this application due to close inspection or something..

Thanks very much.
Will update the timeline once we begin our journey.

Go ahead and complete the sponsorship application for your parents. it should not impact anything and they should get their GC Approval in the Immediate Relative Category which should much quicker. Just make sure you have the A# from the previous GC Application .

Thanks for your reply.
You meant my A#? or theirs? They didn't even get any A#.
By the way, more questions came up.
1) Can they get their medical exam done in a different state from the application state?
2) Their passports are all expired while they're waiting. Do you think it's okay to file with expired passports? (there are things to get cleared for them to get a new passport, so i think if possible, i will go with expired ones)

Thanks very much

Go ahead and complete the sponsorship application for your parents. it should not impact anything and they should get their GC Approval in the Immediate Relative Category which should much quicker. Just make sure you have the A# from the previous GC Application .

Thanks for your reply.
1) Can they get their medical exam done in a different state from the application state?

answer 1]IMHO, yes they can. Just go with listed docor on USCIS web site.

2) Their passports are all expired while they're waiting. Do you think it's okay to file with expired passports? (there are things to get cleared for them to get a new passport, so i think if possible, i will go with expired ones)

Answer for 2] Unless they plan to travel outside USA, passport may be irrelevant. They can get USA passport only after 6 years from now if and when they become USA citizen. I think it is not a good idea to remain without passport for 6 years. If you have to renew their passport, better do it right away in local consulate for your country.
Thanks very much

inline

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks very much

They will get an A# if the employer has filed for I-140 for the GC process. if not they will not have one.

1) Yes
2) You need to have the nearest consulate renew the passports ASAP before filing. You will need copies of the Old passport Visa pages and I-94 form to complete the I-130/I-485 Application.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been 2 weeks since FP and I'm still waiting for some kind of update, either transfer to CSC or anything with EAD.
Wohoo...posting here does move the case ;)
I got 2 emails from CRIS today that I-131 and I-765 approval notices have been sent yesterday.

Anyone in the same boat as mine(I-130 and I-485 applied for my parents in May 2009) waiting for either their cases to be transferred to CSC or awaiting interview notification?

Wohoo...posting here does move the case ;)
I got 2 emails from CRIS today that I-131 and I-765 approval notices have been sent yesterday.

Congrats! :)

how do i submit my e-mail to CRIS? i keep reading how people get e-mails, but can't find how its registered

create an account on uscis.gov, add your case numbers to your portfolio and turn on email notification.

create an account on uscis.gov, add your case numbers to your portfolio and turn on email notification.

oh I did that already, Thank you!

Honestly after seeing my both N400s (first was denied in Sep 2008, second was approved in June 2009) - they both are still being shown as "received on PD and pending" in online case status for the entire time since filing, I am shocked the same website actually send e-mail updates about case status??? :eek: :eek:

I wonder if is it same way how people register their e-mails with NVC???

Got my NOA1, quite surprisingly case numbers differ by 1 digit... :eek:
if they matched - i guess it would be too simple for USCIS :)

I got 4 NOA and they are XXXXXX1, XXXXXX2, XXXXXX3, etc...
That means they are in the same sequence which makes sense.