Paperwork

Dedo

Registered Users (C)
Given the lack of paperwork asked for, I am putting my own paperwork to take to the interview. Here is what I have for me and wife, and then some questions:

Passport
Drivers licence
Green Card
Birth certificate
Proof of education
Marriage certificate
Kids birth certs (even though they are USCs)
Past immigration history (approval notices for H1, F1, F4, H4 etc.)
Tax returns for last 3 years

Here are my questions:
Do I need more than 3 years of tax returns? Also, do I need to bring all the schedules or just the 2 main pages of 1040 and state?
Do I need proof of residence (like home title, utility bills)? Of so, what kind?
What else?

You shouldn't think "even though they are USCs"; it's more like "especially because they are USCs". The fact that they are USCs helps you if you have a shaky case where your children might make a difference.

However, regardless of their citizenship, if your children were born after you got your green card it's likely the interviewer will ask for their birth certificates, so it's important to carry the certificates to the interview.

Do I need proof of residence (like home title, utility bills)? Of so, what kind?
If your case is based on 3 years of marriage to USC, you'll need to bring evidence of living a married life together such as bank statements and utility bills, and proof that your spouse has been a USC at least 3 years before you applied for citizenship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would someone bring all this stuff to the interview? I'll only will bring my GC and drivers license, except the ask for something else on the letter.

Below given are list of documents which you will require to submit.

1. Appointment Letter received from the NVC
2. Passport
3. Birth Certificates
4. Marriage Certificate.

You can find the detailed information here.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

Given the lack of paperwork asked for, I am putting my own paperwork to take to the interview. Here is what I have for me and wife, and then some questions:

Passport
Drivers licence
Green Card
Birth certificate
Proof of education
Marriage certificate
Past immigration history (approval notices for H1, F1, F4, H4 etc.)
Tax returns for last 3 years

Here are my questions:
Do I need more than 3 years of tax returns? Also, do I need to bring all the schedules or just the 2 main pages of 1040 and state?
What else?