Papers for CP interview if currently posted in India

CPfromIndia

Registered Users (C)
Friends, I am posted in Hyd, India since mid-1999. The company is the same that applied for my GC and I was employed with it in the US from 1996-99. My CP interview is on March 28th. My question is : which pay-stubs and tax-papers am I supposed to submit? I have only my recent Indian salary-slips, and Indian Tax Returns. Would these be good enough? Or am I supposed to have US salary while going for the interview?

The last US Taxes I paid was in Jan 2000 for the year 1999 (I used Quicken web-site to file the returns). I shall be taking those too.

Anand RK, if I am not wrong, you were in a similar situation when you went to the interview. What did you do?

Anybody else?

Thanks in advance.

Where are you going to the interview. Is it chennai?

ARe you employed with the same company in India?

Same boat brother!

Hi,

Please help us. I was posted in Mid 2000 and going to file the 2000 return in a couple of days.

- Luit2001

Yes to both questions (CP 01)

I am employed by the same company, and the Interview is in Chennai.

Luit2001, I assume you want help in filing the taxes. I used www.quicken.com and it does the job wonderfully. Please check it out.

Carry payslip/tax returns from India and any tax returns filed in US

These are basically used for two purposes

a) Verify current employment. Typically, people who apply for CP are already working for the same company. Although this is not "required", the payslip shows you are a legitimate employee of the comapny.

b) To show adequate income to support dependents. The tax returns/payslips are added proof that you have been consistently getting adequate salary to support dependents.

The primary proof you need is your employment offer/letter from the sponsoring company which should also mention your salary. The payslip/tax returns are basically secondary evidence and are not as strictly eforced, in the sense if you are able to show other evidence (like W2s if working in US, proof that you are employed in the same field in India/ same company, bank statements, etc), these should be adequate. What exactly the consulate will ask for is their discretion.

URGENT,pl.help

Hi Friends,
Hi Cp\'s
Best of luck,Please post your experiences after getting GC,I am also in the same boat,I am in HYD,waiting for pocket-3,I got I-824 approval from VSC on Jan6th,but my case is still not availble in NVC.

Friends,Could u please answer to my questions?

1.How many days it will take to recieve cases from VSC-INS TO NVC?

2.How much time NVC will take to create a case?

3.By which number we should use to check the case in NVC,i got one number from my employer,I tried that number in INS,it says ,approved on JAN6TH. Is I-824 and I-140 numbers are diffrent?

Thanks a lot guys...

It\'ll help us preparing for the final mile. Here is a little details about my company:

US office name is xxx Systems, Inc. And the India office is
xxx Systems (India) Pvt. Ltd (Subsidiery of xxx System, Inc. USA)

Guess it\'s OK right? Because I\'ll get payslip from the India office\'s name

Thanks again.

- Luit2001